The Student Room Group

Your opinions on Comic Relief

I am a member of my head student team at my sixth form college. A member and I had to collect money from students across college during lunchtime, EVERYONE we came across was willing to donate money into the pot.

However, there were a group of guys that we came across who refused to donate. We had an interesting & insightful debate as to why people shouldn't donate to the cause, which has slightly negatively changed my views of the annual charity event altogether. The main points that were addressed were that it's Payday for celebrities and that the money is specifically invested for controversial firms which sell Tobacco and Alcohol.

I am curious to hear what everyone thinks of Comic Relief or other charities like Children In Need, Save the Children etc.
I donate to charities of my choice throughout the year. I would never donate to Comic Relief. Who pays for that giant event?
It seems to me, to be a begging bowl from celebrities and is why I refuse to give. If I want to give money, I'll do it my own way.
tbh these comedians are millionaires so they could finance it all themselves :h:
Original post by Tiger Rag
It seems to me, to be a begging bowl from celebrities and is why I refuse to give. If I want to give money, I'll do it my own way.

This

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending