my throat hurts when swallowing, ama

ask me anything
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hurtinguser
ask me anything

I have a few questions for you:

1. When did your throat pain start, and has it been getting worse or staying the same?
2. Have you noticed any other symptoms along with the throat pain, such as fever, cough, or swollen glands?
3. Have you recently had a cold, flu, or any other respiratory infection?
4. Have you tried any remedies or medications to alleviate the pain? If so, have they provided any relief?
5. Have you had any previous issues with your throat or similar symptoms in the past?

Hope to see your response soon!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by helper1guy
I have a few questions for you:

1. When did your throat pain start, and has it been getting worse or staying the same?
2. Have you noticed any other symptoms along with the throat pain, such as fever, cough, or swollen glands?
3. Have you recently had a cold, flu, or any other respiratory infection?
4. Have you tried any remedies or medications to alleviate the pain? If so, have they provided any relief?
5. Have you had any previous issues with your throat or similar symptoms in the past?

1) it's staying the same
2) no
3) no
4) well i tried to put honey in tea which helped to relieve the pain but not any other remedies
5) no
do you enjoy cheese
Reply 4
Original post by Charles III
do you enjoy cheese

yes but only when it's melted
yes but only when it's melted

extremely based thanks

what did you have for breakfast
Reply 6
extremely based thanks

what did you have for breakfast

np and cereal
np and cereal

solid choice, ur doing great

in your opinion will it ever be possible [not literally, do you think humanity will manage it] to control and/or reverse the effects of climate change
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
solid choice, ur doing great

in your opinion will it ever be possible [not literally, do you think humanity will manage it] to control and/or reverse the effects of climate change

reverse
How many throats do you have?
Reply 10
Original post by random_matt
How many throats do you have?

1 just realised mistake in title
1 just realised mistake in title

Just having a joke.
Reply 12
1) it's staying the same
2) no
3) no
4) well i tried to put honey in tea which helped to relieve the pain but not any other remedies
5) no

Thank you for providing those details. Based on your responses, it seems that your throat pain may not be accompanied by other significant symptoms, such as fever or swollen glands, which could be indicative of an infection. It's positive to hear that the pain has not worsened.

You can try the self-care measures below 😊:

Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids, such as water or warm beverages, to keep your throat moisturized and help ease swallowing.

Gargle with warm saltwater: Mix half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and gargle with it several times a day. This can help reduce inflammation and relieve throat irritation.

Avoid irritants: Stay away from substances that may irritate your throat, such as cigarette smoke, strong fumes, or pollutants.

Use throat lozenges or sprays: Over-the-counter throat lozenges or sprays can provide temporary relief by numbing the throat.

If it does worsen, you should always contact a GP for medical advice and further help. You can ask me questions from here! Hope to see your response soon!
(edited 11 months ago)
Are you sure you dont have tonsil stones?

Only ask as i get them from time to time and one of the symptoms is a sore throat. Instant relief when they are gone
Reply 14
1) it's staying the same
2) no
3) no
5) no

By the way, you might have something called odynophagia. Odynophagia refers to painful swallowing and can be caused by several factors, including:

Tonsillitis or pharyngitis: Inflammation of the tonsils or pharynx can cause discomfort and pain when swallowing.

Strep throat: Streptococcal infection of the throat can lead to severe throat pain and difficulty swallowing.

Esophagitis: Inflammation of the esophagus can result from various causes, including acid reflux, certain medications, infections, or allergies.

Swallowing disorders: Conditions such as dysphagia, where there is difficulty in swallowing, can cause pain during the swallowing process.

Infections: Other types of infections, such as mononucleosis or herpes simplex virus infection, can lead to throat pain while swallowing.

You should also know that untreated strep throat can lead to complications such as rheumatic fever or kidney problems. Severe cases of esophagitis or persistent infections may require medical attention to prevent complications.

In this case, you should take a quick visit to a GP so you can ensure early intervention and proper management which will help prevent potential complications and promote a faster recovery. Looking up to hear from you again!
Reply 15
Original post by CoolCavy
Are you sure you dont have tonsil stones?

Only ask as i get them from time to time and one of the symptoms is a sore throat. Instant relief when they are gone

Forgot to mention that! The remedy I provided before does help cure tonsil stones. I also often get that.
U mite hv the flu or tonsillitis
Reply 17
Original post by helper1guy
Thank you for providing those details. Based on your responses, it seems that your throat pain may not be accompanied by other significant symptoms, such as fever or swollen glands, which could be indicative of an infection. It's positive to hear that the pain has not worsened.

You can try the self-care measures below 😊:

Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids, such as water or warm beverages, to keep your throat moisturized and help ease swallowing.

Gargle with warm saltwater: Mix half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and gargle with it several times a day. This can help reduce inflammation and relieve throat irritation.

Avoid irritants: Stay away from substances that may irritate your throat, such as cigarette smoke, strong fumes, or pollutants.

Use throat lozenges or sprays: Over-the-counter throat lozenges or sprays can provide temporary relief by numbing the throat.

If it does worsen, you should always contact a GP for medical advice and further help. You can ask me questions from here! Hope to see your response soon!

i'm not sure why but in the morning it hurts just a little bit but then in the afternoon it gets worse
and would sucking on ice cubes help?
we also have black seed oil and got told to have it and have water after it, but i havent had it yet
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
i'm not sure why but in the morning it hurts just a little bit but then in the afternoon it gets worse
and would sucking on ice cubes help?
we also have black seed oil and got told to have it and have water after it, but i havent had it yet

The fluctuations in the intensity of your throat pain throughout the day could be due to various factors, such as changes in activity levels, hydration, or even the way you use your voice. Unfortunately, it's challenging to pinpoint the exact cause without a medical evaluation, but I can offer some general suggestions.

You can try sucking on ice cubes as they provide temporary relief by numbing the throat and reducing inflammation. You can try it to see if it helps alleviate your discomfort. However, it's important to note that it's a temporary measure and may not address the underlying cause of your throat pain.

Also, you should use black seed oil. Taking black seed oil and drinking water after it can help. Something that might help more is having honey and black seeds (black seed oil is fine too). If you want to try other foods that might help, you can use dates and olive oil. If you research other foods you can try them as they may also be filled with nutrition + vitamins to help cure your throat like berries - they might help.

What you want is Ultra Chloroseptic Anaesthetic Throat Spray

I couldn't live without it for a sore throat.

Quick Reply

Latest