The Student Room Group

Is art degree worth it?

I was thinking of doing comic and concept art in uni(including foundation year, but like is art degrees worth it and would I get a job from it? And what art degrees are good and would help me get a job?
The art world is a difficult one to break into. It's better to have connections. An art degree will develop your ideas.
Original post by Spectacular207
I was thinking of doing comic and concept art in uni(including foundation year, but like is art degrees worth it and would I get a job from it? And what art degrees are good and would help me get a job?

This isn’t really a question anyone can answer for you.

instead of a degree with a foundation year you would be better off taking an Art Foundation Diploma 1 year course before starting a degree. It’ll be accepted for pretty much any UK creative degree, will give you a chance to explore different media and projects, build your portfolio and see what it’s like studying art and design full time without eating into your degree funding.

there’s an FAQ at the top of the art and design forum
Reply 3
Honestly, it depends on how you hustle and build your portfolio. Some degrees might open doors, but it's mostly about your skills and networking. If you're into comic and concept art, focus on a program that hones those skills.

Quick Reply

Latest