The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Engineering Timetable - want to cry.

I'll do this in calendar week format. This is only the compulsory stuff. There are more hours down as helping hours. I'm a 2nd year.

Monday
2:15 -> 3:15
4:15 -> 6:15

ok... so a nice start to the week, there are 2 hours of computing surgeries timetabled in the morning, but only 3 compulsory hours, not too bad...

Tuesday
11 -> 1
2:15 -> 6:15

again, 2 surgery hours first thing, then 6 hours.

Wednesday
9 -> 1

4 hours. This will come as a shock to my system as I was used to having wednesdays off.

Thursday
11 -> 1
2:15 -> 4:15

4 hours, also Lab marking at 10:30, but it's not really teaching time.

Friday
9 -> 1
2:15 -> 6:15

8 hours. What a kick in the teeth.

25 hours of contact time, more if I need to go to the surgeries (could be up to 29). Does anyone else have anything anywhere near this? If anyone has it worse, you have my deepest sympathies. I particularly hate fridays, especially given that 1st year Engineers will get friday afternoons off and we had 3:15 til 6:15 last year.

:mad:
Reply 1
Heh, would now be a bad time to tell everyone that I've got about 7-9 hours of contact time a week...? :redface:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
...I'll get my coat.
Reply 3
LOL. Try doing a PGCE. Probably closer to 35 contact hours with tons of compulsory homework/essays/planning etc out of hours.

Your hours will increase in 2nd year engineering :wink:
Reply 4
In all seriousness, I would have preferred to have hefty contact hours rather than 8 piddly sessions then the rest as "independent learning" crap which I really disliked!!! :frown:
Reply 5
pikaboo
LOL. Try doing a PGCE. Probably closer to 35 contact hours with tons of compulsory homework/essays/planning etc out of hours.

Your hours will increase in 2nd year engineering :wink:

He is 2nd year.

I work better learning independently, so love having so few hours worth of contact time.
Reply 6
On the plus side,my housemates 3rd year Engineering timetables (especially on BEng) have decreased a fair bit.
Reply 7
I have a lecture starting at 8:15 on Fridays :frown:

edit: just so you know, i'm not actually at Durham, I just felt like posting :p:

Latest