The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

2017 Hull undergrads - need friends :D

Hey,
I'm off to Hull Uni this year studying Human Geography. What's everyone else studying, and what accommodation are people thinking of getting?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thadcroft
Hey,
I'm off to Hull Uni this year studying Human Geography. What's everyone else studying, and what accommodation are people thinking of getting?

Hey :smile:

I'm studying physical geography with a study abroad at Hull. I have no idea where I want to stay yet maybe Thwaite Hall or the Lawns. What about you :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm thinking of the Lawns. Might see you around! Very likely I'll see you in the Lake District trip a few weeks in :smile:
Reply 3
Hey,

I'm studying Physics :smile:

I'm thinking of getting the one with the cheapest rent since then I have more money to spend on other things :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx
I'm studying Physics :smile:

I'm thinking of getting the one with the cheapest rent since then I have more money to spend on other things :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh interesting. 😊 I did physics at AS level and it was safe to say I failed it miserably😂
I'm thinking of the Lawns. Might see you around! Very likely I'll see you in the Lake District trip a few weeks in :smile:

Oooh lake district trip ! Never been there before 😁 yes lawns looks really nice but it also looks like quite a party atmosphere 😂 so I'm very unsure.yes you probably will 😊
Reply 6
Original post by Sunrisebloom123
Oooh interesting. 😊 I did physics at AS level and it was safe to say I failed it miserably😂

:frown:
I'm coming to Hull Uni at September as an exchange student, and will stay at The Lawns (as instructed by the study aboard office). Looking forward to meet new friends!
Reply 8
Nice! I'll probably see you around then 😊
Reply 9
I'm studying marine biology and looking to stay in the courtyard:biggrin:
Reply 10
Nice! Might see you around uni then :smile:
Hiya 😊

I have an unconditional offer to study psychology in september! So so excited to move there now and hopefully make some new friends as well! I've applied for the courtyard for accomodation! X
Original post by abbiehughes__
Hiya 😊

I have an unconditional offer to study psychology in september! So so excited to move there now and hopefully make some new friends as well! I've applied for the courtyard for accomodation! X

exactly the same for business in september! only went to the courtyard when looking at accommodation and it looked the best!
Reply 13
Hiya 😊

Unconditional for physics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Sunrisebloom123
Oooh lake district trip ! Never been there before 😁 yes lawns looks really nice but it also looks like quite a party atmosphere 😂 so I'm very unsure.yes you probably will 😊

Wooooo!!! Party every night!!!! 😂
Reply 15
Hiya 😊

Ooooo!! The courtyards did look very nice 😊 Hopefully see you around sometime 👍
Original post by CamSloth
exactly the same for business in september! only went to the courtyard when looking at accommodation and it looked the best!

I agree! I put the lawns as a back up just in case I don't get into the courtyard but it looked amazing when I went round! 😊
Reply 17
Hey Guys, gonna be in Hull for the Sept 2017/2018 intake, any advice for an international student? Looked through all the accommodations including the Student Houses but as always new is better, will probably take The Courtyard as first choice too and Lawns as backup. But any idea how far away is Courtyard to the nearest city area? Gonna be hanging there pretty often. Hope to get to know you guys. ;D
Reply 18
Original post by Alvin095
Hey Guys, gonna be in Hull for the Sept 2017/2018 intake, any advice for an international student? Looked through all the accommodations including the Student Houses but as always new is better, will probably take The Courtyard as first choice too and Lawns as backup. But any idea how far away is Courtyard to the nearest city area? Gonna be hanging there pretty often. Hope to get to know you guys. ;D

Heya, I think the courtyard is on campus, but not entirely sure. :smile:
Lawns is my first choice but might see you around anyway!!
Reply 19
Original post by Alvin095
But any idea how far away is Courtyard to the nearest city area? Gonna be hanging there pretty often. Hope to get to know you guys. ;D

Campus (Courtyard) is around 10 minutes drive from the city centre as far as I'm aware. I'm sure getting bus into the city will be a regular thing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest