The Student Room Group

Potential International student but not rich

Hi,
Just as the says I'm planning to be an international student in the university of groningen but the problem is im not exactly as rich as the Arabs I see from my city.
This would mean that I need a job to cover my living expenses but the problem is do most international students work? And how would I find a job in Groningen??
Original post by GRY
Hi,
Just as the says I'm planning to be an international student in the university of groningen but the problem is im not exactly as rich as the Arabs I see from my city.
This would mean that I need a job to cover my living expenses but the problem is do most international students work? And how would I find a job in Groningen??

To be honest, I think a lot of international students work. What you work as and how much you get are completely dependent on how hard you're willing to work alongside your studies. Most people borrow from their parents and then repay them after college/university when they are earning a lot more. International study can be expensive in some countries, but also a lot cheaper in others. Bulgaria or Romania for example charge less for a medical degree than they do here. It's about £7500-£8000 per year, but remember that does not mean living costs are included, or travel, or etc...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending