The Student Room Group

withdrawn from university due to non payment of tuition fees

My daughter has been withdrawn from her course due to non paid fees. She was not entitled to student finance this year as it was her 3rd first year ( one at another university followed by gap year when that did not work out and one at current university on a course that she loves).
Basically she had to retake 5 out of 6 modules and was charged accordingly. Unfortunately, she missed all the email warnings sent to her university email. And she mistakenly thought the fee was going to be around £4-5k which we could have helped with.
She has diagnoses of adhd, dyslexia and just recently autism. Although she had access to learning support and DSA she did not engage either with them or parents to help her manage and keep on top of admin so she missed the final date to appeal the withdrawal. She says she repeatedly asked that important emails be sent to her personal email too but that didn't happen.
My question is - would the university be expected to pro rata the fee amount due up to the date they withdrew her, 12th February, as they have charged the full fee for the year and passed to debt agency. Or are they in the right to charge for whole year?
Any advice appreciated.
That will depend on the university fee policy which your daughter should have been sent links to when she enrolled.
Original post by PQ
That will depend on the university fee policy which your daughter should have been sent links to when she enrolled.
Thank you for the reply. We are waiting to hear back from the finance team.
I posted to see if anyone else may have been in a similar situation.
Original post by Mumtotherescue
Thank you for the reply. We are waiting to hear back from the finance team.
I posted to see if anyone else may have been in a similar situation.

The fees policy will usually be available on the university website - every university sets their own policy though so only someone who has had the same situation at the same university would be able to give any specific help/information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending