The Student Room Group

A level further maths help ?

Hi there everyone, new to this forum and I hope i get some help

I'm an As Student who's taken Maths and Physics.

So basically I'm studying Cambridge GCE AS level Maths at college and in this upcoming october I'll be appearing in Mechanics 1 and Pure Maths 1 and since my college does NOT teach a level further maths, I'm kinda confused what to do now.

Now I've done my research and also a lot of my friends are saying that I need to complete A level Statistics 1 and Pure Maths 3 by myself in one year along with the current Mechanics 1 and Pure Maths 3 that are being taught in college so that I can appear in Further Maths next year. I've also managed to get a tutor but he's only going to teach me Further Maths but before I need to complete all these 4 modules.

I've taken the step to study further maths due to the fact that I have a huge interest in maths and keeps growing along with Physics.

I've also searched and found out that a lots of universities prefer students who have a taken their third subject as further maths rather then chemistry for mechanical or aerospace engineering since I plan to enroll in either one of these fields after my A levels.

Can someone tell me which modules to do along with my current m1 and p1 modules and what else to consider ? What else to do ? Students who've appeared in FM, your help will be appreciated !

Thanks
I do edexcel FM and it is very difficult. You need to be really strong in your maths to be able to do well in further maths. And yes, I do believe universities prefer further maths as a lot of engineering degrees will require aspects of further maths so it's good to get a head start.

Quick Reply

Latest