The Student Room Group

is it too late?

i need 3A's for my offer at manchester to do maths and i only started revising yesterday do you think its too late? how many hours would i have to do?
Reply 1
just do as much as you can now, no point worrying when you can be studying - and it can't exactly be quantified just do your work
Original post by khadijapandor
i need 3A's for my offer at manchester to do maths and i only started revising yesterday do you think its too late? how many hours would i have to do?

It is very late but obviously you still have time , do like 10 hrs a day , do loads of past papers and start from today, give it a go at least

what were your mock results?
which subjects are you doing?
are you willing to work hard and like youve never worked before? :holmes:

you gotta do tons of past papers btw :yep:

Original post by Lychee627
It is very late but obviously you still have time , do like 10 hrs a day , do loads of past papers and start from today, give it a go at least

damn 10hrs is excessive tho, thatd kill me :gasp:
Original post by ForestShadow

I do like 3 hrs a day and it kills me :rofl:

Can I ask what AS and A2 levels do you do?
Original post by Lychee627
I do like 3 hrs a day and it kills me :rofl:

Even doing one hour a day is too much esp if its bio :colonhash: I can do 1hr30 past papers for maths just about......
Reply 7
Hi,
I don't think it's ever too late, you can only do so much. Maybe you should have started revising a little earlier as they expect such a high grade but that's easy for us all to say :biggrin: we all procrastinate... In terms of how many hours you would need to do, that depends on a mixture of how well you know yourself in your studies and how much you need to revise. You know what you are capable of and how quickly you are able to learn things. I would definitely start with the areas you are weak on and leave the strengths till last. This way you can be sure that whatever question comes up in the exam you will have knowledge on all areas. You will definitely need to 'cram' more revision in than before but don't do too much at one time as you will over work yourself! Do it little and often and take breaks :smile: If it was me, I would try to revise every day from now till your exam. Even if you only did 30 mins, it's better than nothing.

Best of luck in your exam/s and I hope uni goes well :smile: remember there is always ways around things if they don't go to plan! Don't doubt yourself.
Even doing one hour a day is too much esp if its bio :colonhash: I can do 1hr30 past papers for maths just about......

I did one this morning and i need to do 1 physics one now :bawling:
Reply 9
Original post by JuSt_Do_It_
I guess were in the same boat... but i still have hope in getting B for all my exams except English lit and lan

I revised one day for English. I got an A*. Don't give up hope mate. You still have time!
Original post by Lee32639
I revised one day for English. I got an A*. Don't give up hope mate. You still have time!

i have the new specification 9-1, that and im bad at writing my thoughts on the paper

How long is a piece of string...

Either way, it doesn't matter if its too late or not, you have to do it anyway, so why complicate things, just get on with it and good luck on your exams.
Original post by JuSt_Do_It_
i have the new specification 9-1, that and im bad at writing my thoughts on the paper

Oh I was talking about A-Levels. I have no experience with the new GCSE format but I would imagine it's still similar. I would just say know your texts very well using sites like Literarychart and then look at A*-A graded essays and try to mimic the things they do well (see how they structure their paragraphs, see what kind of starting sentences they use, and pick up on those and use them in your own essays). Spending 10-15 minutes in the beginning to plan also helps to organise your ideas.
Original post by Lee32639
Oh I was talking about A-Levels. I have no experience with the new GCSE format but I would imagine it's still similar. I would just say know your texts very well using sites like Literarychart and then look at A*-A graded essays and try to mimic the things they do well (see how they structure their paragraphs, see what kind of starting sentences they use, and pick up on those and use them in your own essays). Spending 10-15 minutes in the beginning to plan also helps to organise your ideas.

Oh thanks then i needed this info

im doing
maths, chem and RS
i got an A in maths C in chem and B n rs (i know thats because i did not revise at all and im quite good at maths so can easily learn a module in a week ) but do you thinks its too late to get an A in chem?

Quick Reply

Latest