The Student Room Group

A level options worry

Hi basically I achieved good grades in my gcses that enabled me to do whatever subject I wanted. I chose Chemistry, Biology and Geography. I would like to go into stem, however I feel I have screwed my self over as I did not choose maths. Can someone give me any advice on if it is too late to change to maths, and if so will have have to do a silly degree because I didn't do maths.
I think its too late.

Why would those A levels lead to a silly degree?
Original post by theyoungoffender
Hi basically I achieved good grades in my gcses that enabled me to do whatever subject I wanted. I chose Chemistry, Biology and Geography. I would like to go into stem, however I feel I have screwed my self over as I did not choose maths. Can someone give me any advice on if it is too late to change to maths, and if so will have have to do a silly degree because I didn't do maths.

It depends on your career interests. Don't simply select subjects for the sake of it.
Original post by theyoungoffender

Double check with your 6th form, but it my be too late to change now.
Look at the courses you are thinking of doing on unis websites, and see what subjects they specify. You might find that the ones you have are fine.
Reply 4
There are plenty of STEM degrees that do not need A level Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest