The Student Room Group

The Official USA Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AishaGirl
Fuel the shelby gt, when do we leave? :biggrin:

Woahhhhh, Shelby? Route 66? The best post on this society by far! :thumbsup::clap2:
Original post by Steljoy
Woahhhhh, Shelby? Route 66? The best post on this society by far! :thumbsup::clap2:

:h: Knowing my luck we'd break down in the middle of texas somewhere and get eaten by coyotes :lol:
Original post by Steljoy
Hey man!! So nice to meet you :hugs:

I am also going to be studying at Kent!! I am so obsessed with America it is unbelievable :tongue:

Nice, what subject's it that you'll be studying at kent? As per being obsessed with America I don't see why, and by the time you even get to America it'll be a far different country than even from when I've left it to study in the UK. Different's worse in this case, by the way.
Original post by EternalLight
:h: Knowing my luck we'd break down in the middle of texas somewhere and get eaten by coyotes :lol:

Omg hahaha, you are so funny! :rofl: Nice name change btw!! :h:

(So sorry for the late reply, I have been revising the past few days :lol:)
Original post by flatline
Nice, what subject's it that you'll be studying at kent? As per being obsessed with America I don't see why, and by the time you even get to America it'll be a far different country than even from when I've left it to study in the UK. Different's worse in this case, by the way.

I will be studying Computer science(Cyber Security) yourself? :h:

I am obsessed about the American food, driving roads, cars(Omg I adore your muscle cars!) and California! Would love to get to see you in person when I get to Kent!! :tongue:
Original post by Steljoy
I will be studying Computer science(Cyber Security) yourself? :h:

I am obsessed about the American food, driving roads, cars(Omg I adore your muscle cars!) and California! Would love to get to see you in person when I get to Kent!! :tongue:

I'm studying Economics, Computer Science would've been my nice choice tho if I had to choose another. With that being said I can show you some American Cuisine sometime, getcha hooked up with a Big Mac and some Fries nom sayin'

Also, I'm sure we'll meet at orientation so maybe then mate :smile:
Original post by flatline
I'm studying Economics, Computer Science would've been my nice choice tho if I had to choose another. With that being said I can show you some American Cuisine sometime, getcha hooked up with a Big Mac and some Fries nom sayin'

Also, I'm sure we'll meet at orientation so maybe then mate :smile:

Oh man I love the fact that you use American terms in your posts! By "Orientation" you mean Freshers week right? Is that what you call them in America? :rofl:

I also can't wait to learn those American cuisines from you dude! :drool:
Las Vegas :tongue:

California! :love:

New York! :woo:

@Steljoy aw I find your fascination with the US pretty cute!

I live in the US and definitely prefer it to the UK but don't get your love of LA. My wife's father lives there and I've been there many times, there's a lot of driving involved (though I guess if you like cars that might be ok with you). Personally I have a Honda Civic! :laugh: I am taking a road trip up to NYC next week; not the biggest fan of NYC either :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
@Steljoy aw I find your fascination with the US pretty cute!

I live in the US and definitely prefer it to the UK but don't get your love of LA. My wife's father lives there and I've been there many times, there's a lot of driving involved (though I guess if you like cars that might be ok with you). Personally I have a Honda Civic! :laugh: I am taking a road trip up to NYC next week; not the biggest fan of NYC either :colondollar:

Omg!! :cry2::cry2:

I envy you so much! I would love to do a road trip to NYC in a Mustang! You are so lucky to be in the US! Hope you have a wonderful time during the trip :love: :hugs:
Original post by Steljoy
Omg!! :cry2::cry2:

I envy you so much! I would love to do a road trip to NYC in a Mustang! You are so lucky to be in the US! Hope you have a wonderful time during the trip :love: :hugs:

Haha, thanks bro. It's a little less glamorous in a civic! :wink: My mother in law lives in NYC so I've been there so many times. Weird that the other poster said New Yorkers are rude, have they even been to London??!

What is it you like so much about LA?
Haha, thanks bro. It's a little less glamorous in a civic! :wink: My mother in law lives in NYC so I've been there so many times. Weird that the other poster said New Yorkers are rude, have they even been to London??!

What is it you like so much about LA?

Yeah I have no idea why they said that? :s-smilie:

I love the driving roads, the houses, Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills

I want to own one of the houses in Hollywood Hills with the swimming pool :smile:

Original post by Steljoy
Yeah I have no idea why they said that? :s-smilie:

I love the driving roads, the houses, Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills

I want to own one of the houses in Hollywood Hills with the swimming pool :smile:

Damn dude, I hope you have a good job in mind! :biggrin: Sounds nice though, with the car and everything. :smile:

I would love a pool (and the weather here would suit one (33C today)). :daydreaming:
Damn dude, I hope you have a good job in mind! :biggrin: Sounds nice though, with the car and everything. :smile:

I would love a pool (and the weather here would suit one (33C today)). :daydreaming:

I am studying Cyber Security, it is highly in demand right now! Specially after the cyber attacks in the past couple of days :tongue: + houses in Hollywood hills are a lot cheaper than the ones in London :s-smilie:

Here, its always raining :cry:
Original post by Steljoy
I am studying Cyber Security, it is highly in demand right now! Specially after the cyber attacks in the past couple of days :tongue: + houses in Hollywood hills are a lot cheaper than the ones in London :s-smilie:

Here, its always raining :cry:

Nice! Cyber security sounds like it would be very interesting to study and yeah really in demand I bet. I would definitely pick LA over London too! :laugh: Huge houses, pools, nicer weather, although the wildfires not so good....

It rains here too.....sometimes. Well, it thunderstorms and there are tornadoes. :/
Nice! Cyber security sounds like it would be very interesting to study and yeah really in demand I bet. I would definitely pick LA over London too! :laugh: Huge houses, pools, nicer weather, although the wildfires not so good....

It rains here too.....sometimes. Well, it thunderstorms and there are tornadoes. :/

Wildfires?? Wow!

-------

Thunderstorms and tornadoes are added bonuses for me :rofl::rofl:
Original post by I make LDN money
This thread is so wrong!

You try and paint USA in this positive light like it is heaven on earth, but the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

Please keep this thread clean from Hatred :smile:
Original post by Steljoy
Wildfires?? Wow!

-------

Thunderstorms and tornadoes are added bonuses for me :rofl::rofl:

California gets a lot of droughts and these can lead to wildfires in the hills especially.

I don't know about that :tongue: I had a doctor's appointment rescheduled the other week because there was a tornado in the area. :colonhash: Another time I got stuck at uni for a couple of hours because of a tornado warning nearby.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest