The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Film, Photography & Media course

Hi,

I am very interested in studying filmmaking at uni, but I am still happy with studying film theory. In your view how are the different year group modules divided? Would you say that the main focus of the course is film rather than the others? I have heard very mixed opinions of the course, some have said that it is too diverse in content that hinders future employability? Others have also said that it is too academically orientated and the media side is largely irrelevant?

I'd be interested to hear views of the course from those who are currently studying the course or who have studied it in the past. I am torn between this and the filmmaking course at Newcastle because although I would prefer to study just filmmaking, this course offers a year abroad study that Newcastle doesn't.

Thanks!
Original post by jad18
Hi,

I am very interested in studying filmmaking at uni, but I am still happy with studying film theory. In your view how are the different year group modules divided? Would you say that the main focus of the course is film rather than the others? I have heard very mixed opinions of the course, some have said that it is too diverse in content that hinders future employability? Others have also said that it is too academically orientated and the media side is largely irrelevant?

I'd be interested to hear views of the course from those who are currently studying the course or who have studied it in the past. I am torn between this and the filmmaking course at Newcastle because although I would prefer to study just filmmaking, this course offers a year abroad study that Newcastle doesn't.

Thanks!

Hiya, I was interested in studying the same course too. Were you looking at Leeds because they have this very course? I also am confused about which course to take and how specific it should be. Filmmaking solely focuses on film/history of film/theory etc whilst courses such as this have aspects of media/photography etc. Have you spoken to anyone/know of anyone who has done this course/similar one? Please let me know if you have :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest