The Student Room Group

Switching to sixth form from college

Hi,

I'm doing a level 3 BTEC creative media course (media and communications) and I'm really not enjoying the course. I find it's unorganised and we pretty much sit there doing nothing for hours. This course also isn't related to the career I want to do as a filmmaker.

At sixth form I want to do the subjects film studies, media studies and photography. Is it possible I can switch to an entirely new school 3 months into the academic year? And will sixth form accept me even though I've failed maths GCSE?
(edited 4 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by l3yls4
Hi,

I'm doing a level 3 BTEC creative media course (media and communications) and I'm really not enjoying the course. I find it's unorganised and we pretty much sit there doing nothing for hours. This course also isn't related to the career I want to do as a filmmaker.

At sixth form I want to do the subjects film studies, media studies and photography. Is it possible I can switch to an entirely new school 3 months into the academic year? And will sixth form accept me even though I've failed maths GCSE?

The best way to find this out is by calling the sixth form you're interested in going to and asking, each sixth form has different rules surrounding transfers, and the best way to know the specific requirements would be by asking directly :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest