The Student Room Group

Uni of Leeds - failed discovery module in first year can i still pass to second year?

Hi, so I finished my first year at Uni of Leeds, I took up the required 120 credits with 2 modules being discovery ones worth 10 each. So far I have passed everything but ONE discovery module however with the strike my PFP compulsory module has not been marked yet and will not released until November (i'm certain i passed but theres still the anxiety of not fully knowing). My teaching school said that this won't affect my progression for next year but this means I currently have 90/120 credits (will have 110 when the PFP is marked) so I'm quite anxious about it. If it is a problem can i just make up the credits in my 2nd/3rd years? I contacted my school regarding my worries a month ago but didn't receive a reply... Hence why I'm writing this here would really appreciate a reply. btw I do film, photography and media if that's important to know.
What does it say in your course handbook about retaking modules?
Reply 2
The exact same thing happened to me, I had 20 credits from 2 discovery modules and failed one them by 2 marks, so finished the year with 110 credits, I had always assumed I needed the full 120 to pass but after contacting my school at uni of Leeds I was assured I could pass with a minimum of 100 credits. And I’m about to go into my third year with no issues:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending