The Student Room Group

Doing badly in third year

I managed to average 78% in my first year, 69.9% in my second year but I think I will get a poor average this (final) year, maybe 55%. The weighting is 10-30-60. Will an average of 55% in my final year prevent me from achieving a 2.1? Mathematically it shouldn't but I don't know whether degree classifications are awarded based on maths, or whether you have to attain a certain percentage across all your modules. I appreciate any responses. Thank you.
Original post by Stuffinahat
I managed to average 78% in my first year, 69.9% in my second year but I think I will get a poor average this (final) year, maybe 55%. The weighting is 10-30-60. Will an average of 55% in my final year prevent me from achieving a 2.1? Mathematically it shouldn't but I don't know whether degree classifications are awarded based on maths, or whether you have to attain a certain percentage across all your modules. I appreciate any responses. Thank you.

Rules vary by uni but I'd expect that as mathematically you do indeed expect to pass the 60% mark (well done for being able to calculate an average, seriously because a worrylingly large number of university students struggle... then again someone who is capable of 70% overall marks, it isn't surprising)

I do not expect any strange rules (but rules that you have to check with your uni, wherever they are listed online that require a certain performance in your third year - my uni certainly doesn't have this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending