The Student Room Group

University degree classification

Just a random question as I'm now awaiting my degree classification. I'm just wondering how do you come out with university without passing? With no degree classification?
I didn't do the best in the third year due to ill health and had to resub one and scraped a pass In another but still passed all modules throughout the three years but suddenly had a worry about not obtaining a degree 😂 so essentially want some reassurance lol
Original post by ac0023
Just a random question as I'm now awaiting my degree classification. I'm just wondering how do you come out with university without passing? With no degree classification?
I didn't do the best in the third year due to ill health and had to resub one and scraped a pass In another but still passed all modules throughout the three years but suddenly had a worry about not obtaining a degree 😂 so essentially want some reassurance lol

It will all be in your course handbook or equivalent. It depends entirely on the university, but usually you'd have to have dinged second year pretty badly to be set up to fail in your 3rd year. It's not impossible, but generally you'd need a lot more than one resit and one scraped pass to cause a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
It will all be in your course handbook or equivalent. It depends entirely on the university, but usually you'd have to have dinged second year pretty badly to be set up to fail in your 3rd year. It's not impossible, but generally you'd need a lot more than one resit and one scraped pass to cause a problem.

That's good to know. Only every failed two modules and thats across 2nd year and 3rd.
Did try and find my university handbook but couldn't find it at the time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending