The Student Room Group

what options

I am going to do alevels but i don't know what to do as my third option now as history is seem to heavy to do as i know i want to pyschology and biology and idk what i can take which will go well and not be too difficult to manage with other subjects because i already know i can't handle another maths or science.
Reply 1
Do you know what you'd like to do after a levels? eg uni/an apprenticeship?

If you have ideas of a specific subject, have a look at what different unis may require or what subjects are valued by universities!
Original post by studentofdelaw
I am going to do alevels but i don't know what to do as my third option now as history is seem to heavy to do as i know i want to pyschology and biology and idk what i can take which will go well and not be too difficult to manage with other subjects because i already know i can't handle another maths or science.

Right, I had to read that thrice because of the lack of punctuation. Please could you proof-read before you submit a message next time?

From what I gather, you are hoping to take biology and psychology. You are confused about your third option. You are correct in thinking that biology and psychology are content heavy A-Levels.

Two questions:
Do you have some sort of career in mind?
What makes you think you can’t handle another science/math A-Level?

if you want to cover all bases you could try an alternative essay based subject such as Politics or Religious Studies/Philosophy
Reply 4
Original post by rwnsl
Do you know what you'd like to do after a levels? eg uni/an apprenticeship?

If you have ideas of a specific subject, have a look at what different unis may require or what subjects are valued by universities!

I want to go to university and study clinical psychology. i have looked at some and you need at least 2 sciences which i would have already and your third can really be anything
Reply 5
I want to go to university and study clinical psychology. i have looked at some and you need at least 2 sciences which i would have already and your third can really be anything

Not all universities will consider psychology as a science! Lots of psychology courses will, but it's worth checking with the university itself.

If you have other options, consider what you've enjoyed/are good at at GCSE, or anything which might be helpful for your degree!
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n
Right, I had to read that thrice because of the lack of punctuation. Please could you proof-read before you submit a message next time?

From what I gather, you are hoping to take biology and psychology. You are confused about your third option. You are correct in thinking that biology and psychology are content heavy A-Levels.

Two questions:
Do you have some sort of career in mind?
What makes you think you can’t handle another science/math A-Level?

well okay but it is not by force you had to read my question to be honest. I said what career in another reply so check if you want to see and I would rather take on a subjects which is easier to manage so I can get a good rather than a subject I can't and get a bad grade
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by rwnsl
Not all universities will consider psychology as a science! Lots of psychology courses will, but it's worth checking with the university itself.

If you have other options, consider what you've enjoyed/are good at at GCSE, or anything which might be helpful for your degree!

Okay thank you. I will i am thinking of taking RE or business cause i am good at those as well
Reply 8
thank you i am going to look into those.

Original post by user123456324
if you want to cover all bases you could try an alternative essay based subject such as Politics or Religious Studies/Philosophy
if you want an easy A/A* business is a rlly good one and its not badly discriminated against if you have 2 other solid A levels.
Okay thank you. I will i am thinking of taking RE or business cause i am good at those as well
Reply 10

Heya!
What are you thinking of doing in the future? Check out uniguide alvl explorer and prospect :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest