The Student Room Group

AS Digital Technology new course CCEA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billyjayxox
aw that coursework was awful. the amount of work in it and it was only 20%!!!! for the exams last year did you just go by the factfiles or did you do your own research and get more detailed notes. i feel that some of the notes are bit brief especially the evaluations , like they only give one advantage and disadvantage for most things. their brief but im scared to do my own research cause my teacher said that last year if it wasnt on the mark scheme no marks were rewarded and thats why the raw marks were so low but also why so many people did so well. i got 25 raw marks in as2 which was 37 ums and 27 raw marks in as1 which was 47ums. yeah i know the difference two marks made.

Last year i learnt the factfiles to a tee and thought i had got atleast 80 raw marks in both papers. Got 44 in as1(69ums) and 59(80 ums) in as2. I got my as1 paper back and my answers were reguritations from the factfiles and they werent acepted. So i was you, i would learn the specimen and last years as1 and as2 mark schemes and make that ur notes(for all the topics on those papers) because that is the stuff they acc accept. Like i then went and compared the factfiles to the mark schemes and there were little to no similarities. So i then bough BCS glossary of computing and ICT and thats where they take stuff from. That book has more as content in it than a2 which is annoying but id definitely get it for AS to supplement. This year ive also been doing my own research like looking up the evaluation of robots in the work place or the ethics around AI and stuff or mobile technology etc. But its a pain and i know there should be mark up!
Reply 21
Does anyone have suggestions for Where to get good revision material for AS because I can’t find any at all
Original post by Ugh1234
Does anyone have suggestions for Where to get your good revision material for AS because I can’t find any at all

Bcs glossary. Learn the eep powerpoint they made and last years markschemes
is it possible to learn the whole as1 spec in 1 day and get like a c in the exam. i have left my revision very late and i have a party at the weekend so i wont be revising until sunday. i got 47 (one mark of c last year) so not massivley worried if i dont bring it up cause my as2 and a22 and a21 should bring it up.

ok im probs over exaggeriting a bit , like i do know a bit but i am struggling with things and i lost motivation for this subject and im just like i dont give a f u c k.

on that note can someone please help me with dataflow diagrams , i am really stuck and dont understand anything about them. i also went to my teacher yesterday and told him i was struggling and i still dont understand it. if anyone cares i would greatly appreaciate it. like could someone do notes and post them on this. i hate youtube videos btw. i have tried. i have given up on getting a B for this subject.
is it possible to learn the whole as1 spec in 1 day and get like a c in the exam. i have left my revision very late and i have a party at the weekend so i wont be revising until sunday. i got 47 (one mark of c last year) so not massivley worried if i dont bring it up cause my as2 and a22 and a21 should bring it up.

ok im probs over exaggeriting a bit , like i do know a bit but i am struggling with things and i lost motivation for this subject and im just like i dont give a f u c k.

on that note can someone please help me with dataflow diagrams , i am really stuck and dont understand anything about them. i also went to my teacher yesterday and told him i was struggling and i still dont understand it. if anyone cares i would greatly appreaciate it. like could someone do notes and post them on this. i hate youtube videos btw. i have tried. i have given up on getting a B for this subject.

I started revising for the repeat tomorrow, today.. So I'm in a similar boat to you and I can't see myself getting anything over a C in this subject. My problem is that my uni offers are for 3 Bs so idk how I'll get in. Hopefully I can get an A in maths and they'll maybe let me in with ABC grades?
Original post by CreamedRicePud
I started revising for the repeat tomorrow, today.. So I'm in a similar boat to you and I can't see myself getting anything over a C in this subject. My problem is that my uni offers are for 3 Bs so idk how I'll get in. Hopefully I can get an A in maths and they'll maybe let me in with ABC grades?

hahah i have now in a position where i didnt revise all day. i am only after making myself a coffee to try and stay up all night and learn a spec in about 8 hours. actually fml. or should i just go to sleep , write the candidate number on the exam and walk out cause i was only 1 mark of a c last year and hopefully i wise up before friday and next monday.

what did you get last year
anybody doing the A2 exam on the 11th? I haven't started learning it yet because this coming week is all the sciences and maths so I've had to prioritise those
Original post by student6788123
anybody doing the A2 exam on the 11th? I haven't started learning it yet because this coming week is all the sciences and maths so I've had to prioritise those

same here , havent looked a book for it. i just have no motivation it acctually scary. thank got i did a btec so i only did like 2 full a levels otherewise i would have been f uc ke d
same here , havent looked a book for it. i just have no motivation it acctually scary. thank got i did a btec so i only did like 2 full a levels otherewise i would have been f uc ke d

I do maths, dt and physics so this is a rough week for me. let's hope I make the entry requirements
(edited 5 years ago)
D in unit 1 and B in unit 2. Today's exam went alright, I answered every question and filled the lines but who knows if I used the right "keywords".. I need a B overall for uni but hopefully if I don't get that I can explain to the uni about the fact files being wrong etc
(edited 5 years ago)
I do maths, dt and physics so this is a rough week for me. let's hope I make the entry requirements

I do the same. What course are you applying for?
I do the same. What course are you applying for?

computer science. how did u find the physics, thought it was tricky enough in places
what is demonstrate that 2n different values can be repersented with n bits
computer science. how did u find the physics, thought it was tricky enough in places

Yeah I used a couple of formulae from memory then realised towards the end that they were in the formula booklet and I had done them both wrong so I was a bit tight for time regarding that. The actual questions were good though and quite easy to understand at least
Yeah I used a couple of formulae from memory then realised towards the end that they were in the formula booklet and I had done them both wrong so I was a bit tight for time regarding that. The actual questions were good though and quite easy to understand at least

yea that's true, feeling good for the one tomorrow I don't mind it as much
Any a2 people absolutely freaked for monday?😭😭
Original post by Okdmd46
Any a2 people absolutely freaked for monday?😭😭

YES, the exam is 2 and a half hours and not joking I don't even know enough to fill half an hour of writing time. All the ones in my class are the same only starting revision this weekend. what's it like in your school/for you?
YES, the exam is 2 and a half hours and not joking I don't even know enough to fill half an hour of writing time. All the ones in my class are the same only starting revision this weekend. what's it like in your school/for you?

Thank goodness for ur response im so glad im not the only one. I literally started today like and im so overwhelmed. I hope i get it finished i tend to have time management issues😭😭
Original post by Okdmd46
Thank goodness for ur response im so glad im not the only one. I literally started today like and im so overwhelmed. I hope i get it finished i tend to have time management issues😭😭

yes it's taken me yesterday afternoon and most of today to get through just the first page of the spec, so I've got to do 3 pages tomorrow. who at ccea thought it was a good idea to have the majority of A2 exams within a 2 week period. I'm so worried there is so much to learn and if last year is anything to go by, learning it does not guarantee marks anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending