The Student Room Group

C1 edexcel 2017 maths exam

One question said to draw two lines on separate axis (y=1/x + 5 and y= -3x + c ) I drew my first graph wrong and didn't realise it specified separate axis so drew them both on the same axis and labelled each line and everything else. Will i not get any marks for this question? I know I drew them right but I'm panicking that I won't get any marks for them.
maybe you got 2 or 3 marks for the other graph you got right and plotting them on the same graph is not that bad and they will take no mark or 1 mark. Anyways in the case you got the whole part wrong, i left 2 whole question on blank because I got nervous in the exam idk why. Also the boundaries will lower as the exam was really tough.
So basically I had I mind blank for a question where the solutions came out as 2 to the power x = o.5 obviously it is -1, for some stupid reasons I put log2(0.5), it is equal to -1 however what is ur opinions on whether I get the mark, I suppose it depends whether or not the qu said answers in simplest form ?
Original post by Rhino Ryan
So basically I had I mind blank for a question where the solutions came out as 2 to the power x = o.5 obviously it is -1, for some stupid reasons I put log2(0.5), it is equal to -1 however what is ur opinions on whether I get the mark, I suppose it depends whether or not the qu said answers in simplest form ?

Well what you have wrote is correct so you should get the mark. They may not give you the final answer mark if it did say simplest form but that's max 1 mark so don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending