The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Accomodation

Hi there,
I m going to start the university in September, but i have a big doubt about the accommodation. Actually i m an European student (Italy) and i don t know which accommodation would be the best for me. (Oadby or City living )
I heard that in City living there are a lot of international students and is close to the Uni/city center. While in Oadby there are a lot of freshers and it s a little away from the Uni.
Moreover, i would like to have a part-time job.
So as i mentioned above, i m from italy and therefore i dont know anything about Leicester.
Give me some hints and suggestions .
Thank you beforehand 😉
Reply 1
Hello,

I'm an international student from California and I will be starting in September as well. I applied for city living accommodation because it's closer to campus and city center. Also, I would rather not take the bus to campus everyday. If you want to have a part time job then it's probably best to do city living since you will be closer to the city center. Best of luck to ya!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for replying,
Yeah you are right, it s better to be close to the Uni and the city center.
By the way , which course you chose? :smile:
Original post by Susan-a
Hello,

I'm an international student from California and I will be starting in September as well. I applied for city living accommodation because it's closer to campus and city center. Also, I would rather not take the bus to campus everyday. If you want to have a part time job then it's probably best to do city living since you will be closer to the city center. Best of luck to ya!

Original post by Susan-a
Hello,

Reply 3
Original post by Ruman97
Thank you for replying,
Yeah you are right, it s better to be close to the Uni and the city center.
By the way , which course you chose? :smile:

I will be taking Communication and Media courses. I don't have the option to choose my modules yet, the University will allow me to register in the next few months. What about you? :smile:
Reply 4
I ll be taking Management( marketing ) and I hope I ll be in a room with freshers with the desire of party 😁.
Do you know anything about Leicester nightlife ? I heard that it s not bad.

Ps. I got 6.5 in my IELTS.. so I have to improve my English .
Original post by Susan-a
I will be taking Communication and Media courses. I don't have the option to choose my modules yet, the University will allow me to register in the next few months. What about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ruman97
I ll be taking Management( marketing ) and I hope I ll be in a room with freshers with the desire of party 😁.
Do you know anything about Leicester nightlife ? I heard that it s not bad.

Ps. I got 6.5 in my IELTS.. so I have to improve my English .

Your English is great!! I haven't looked into Leicester's night life. I'm hoping to travel around Europe when I'm there so that's why I haven't looked into the night life yet. BUT I'm sure it's great, and I'm sure you'll find like minded students there. If you live in the halls, they always have parties and activities planned for students.
Reply 6
To be honest from the day of the iealts exam I stopped speaking English , I have to revise it .
I travelled a lot around Europe and it is simply beautiful, every country has its own charm .
I think I ll be living in a self-catered hall.
Anyway I read that the students of Oadby are more friendly than those in city living .. that the atmosphere is more lovely there in Oadby .
But I think it depends all on you, how you interact with the environment.
Thank you for everything, you really helped me 😄
Original post by Susan-a
Your English is great!! I haven't looked into Leicester's night life. I'm hoping to travel around Europe when I'm there so that's why I haven't looked into the night life yet. BUT I'm sure it's great, and I'm sure you'll find like minded students there. If you live in the halls, they always have parties and activities planned for students.
Reply 7
Original post by Ruman97
To be honest from the day of the iealts exam I stopped speaking English , I have to revise it .
I travelled a lot around Europe and it is simply beautiful, every country has its own charm .
I think I ll be living in a self-catered hall.
Anyway I read that the students of Oadby are more friendly than those in city living .. that the atmosphere is more lovely there in Oadby .
But I think it depends all on you, how you interact with the environment.
Thank you for everything, you really helped me 😄

Glad to hear! I hope to see you around Leicester in September 😊
Reply 8
Sure !! See you in Leicester 😃
Original post by Susan-a
Glad to hear! I hope to see you around Leicester in September 😊
Starting Uni of Leic in September and still unsure on whether to go oadby or city.Is The coppice in JoFo different to student halls, just because people were referring to them as flats??Where is the atmosphere better? In terms nightlife, parties and all thatIs travelling a pain? Like after nights out or to and from lecturesWhats the ethnic diversity in the two different places? oadby and city living

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending