The Student Room Group

Does anyone hate all the simpering and 'coming together'?

Let's say that the average person doesn't really care about you individually. So when people like James Corden come on they make me sick. They are too casual about the deaths of other people. If you look at Andy Burnham he says it had nothing to do with any faith. ********! The attack happened on the anniversary of the killing Lee Rigby. It is an Islamic Jihadist attack end of. The victims were failed by the security services and a society that is too weak to move past labels of 'racism' and 'Islamophobia'. Lighting candles and holding stupid vigils is a waste of time.
I rolled my eyes at the sympathetic tweets by celebrities. It just doesn't seem genuine.
It's publicity, James Corden's video is currently trending on YouTube
It is actually grotesque. Celebrities are an irrelevance in a major terrorist attack. Why don't I just ask what my next door neighbour thinks, give me strength.
"Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye...and the world just fuccin' watched. Tomorrow, there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots. I know you understand." Captain Price, Modern Warfare 2

I think of that quote when I see what happened in manchester, nothing will be done to prevent something like this happening again, the whole world just fuccin watched.
Original post by kaavanu_su_che
"Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye...and the world just fuccin' watched. Tomorrow, there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots. I know you understand." Captain Price, Modern Warfare 2

I think of that quote when I see what happened in manchester, nothing will be done to prevent something like this happening again, the whole world just fuccin watched.

You're seriously quoting Call of Duty?
Can't stand Corden. He comes from the town where I live and he's always trying to get in on everything. It's pathetic the way people like him have to appear when things like this happen. It's as if they are the only ones with feelings.
Original post by Seamus123
Can't stand Corden. He comes from the town where I live and he's always trying to get in on everything. It's pathetic the way people like him have to appear when things like this happen. It's as if they are the only ones with feelings.

Corden has always been fake, all he cares about is himself and his viewing numbers. He knows he can cry a fake tear and get more publicity, the man simply does not give a flying fucc about anyone else.
Original post by karl pilkington
x

What an awful, awful thread.

What you're actually complaining about is a perceived over exposure to these events. Next time something like this happens, log off from social media, curl up into a ball in your room and hope it's nobody you know that's been hurt.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kaavanu_su_che

This doesn't really make sense. I've never played Modern Warfare 2 so I don't know the context, but in the context of the Manchester attack, of course everyone just "watched". No one had a clue it was coming, and we won't have any clues that another one is coming unless we get really lucky. There's also no harm in people volunteering to help those actually affected - this is still working in the moment to reduce the damage caused.
Original post by karl pilkington
Why don't I just ask what my next door neighbour thinks, give me strength.

This made me "heh". While true, I guess it is good to have the celebrities showing their support in this case since it was a concert that the incident happened at.

They probably feel that it could have been any concert, so appeal to their fans by giving their opinion.
Original post by hezzlington
What an awful, awful thread.

What you're actually complaining about is a perceived over exposure to these events. Next time something like this happens, log off from social media, curl up into a ball in your room and hope it's nobody you know that's been hurt.

That's not the point. We're not saying that no one should feel sorry.

But do you take your sadness and announce it to the world? No one has to know how **** feels about the scenario. Of course he/she upset, but the only possible benefit they could gain from announcing it is publicity.

Or have you been personally appeased by a random celebrity giving his/her condolences?

Maybe I'm wrong and it does matter to people....

But it just seems a bit fake is all...
the worst is when they started singing don't look back in anger = cringey af
Original post by Manuster
That's not the point. We're not saying that no one should feel sorry.

But do you take your sadness and announce it to the world? No one has to know how **** feels about the scenario. Of course he/she upset, but the only possible benefit they could gain from announcing it is publicity.

Or have you been personally appeased by a random celebrity giving his/her condolences?

Maybe I'm wrong and it does matter to people....

But it just seems a bit fake is all...

It's social media - there is no need to announce anything at all, whether negative or positive, but we do. People don't express sympathy/their emotions to benefit anybody. It's nothing new, complaining about it is equally futile?
I hate these famous gits. Not a true reflection on what your average Joe feels.

Quick Reply

Latest