The Student Room Group

National 5 2017 - In order of difficulty

I finished yesterday with Biology! :smile:.
With that in mind, I was wondering what exams people felt were easier and what were harder.
IMO - Easiest was French and Computing; Hardest were Biology and maybe Maths.
English and RMPS weren't bad, when I got down to it, Latin was fine (harder Paper 1, easy Paper 2), History was average. Can't really remember Chemistry.
I appreciate that not everyone has finished yet, but what are your thoughts?

BTW - Please don't talk about specific Q's, don't want to spend my whole summer vacation panicking! :redface:
I finished yesterday with biology too! Don't know how I'm going to last until August 8th :frown: Anyways from easiest to hardest imo were:

1. Music
2. Maths
3. French
4. Biology
5. English
6. Physics
Original post by catsandhats
I finished yesterday with biology too! Don't know how I'm going to last until August 8th :frown: Anyways from easiest to hardest imo were:

1. Music
2. Maths
3. French
4. Biology
5. English
6. Physics

I heard Physics was tricky!
What put English so low?
Lucky you only doing 6 N5's, I had to endure 9. Could have done with dropping one (or two!) :biggrin:
Original post by Joe2001
What put English so low?
Lucky you only doing 6 N5's, I had to endure 9. Could have done with dropping one (or two!) :biggrin:

English really isn't my strong subject ahaha I might have done better than I think but I doubt it.
Original post by catsandhats
English really isn't my strong subject ahaha I might have done better than I think but I doubt it.

Fair enough!
I thought the UAE was significantly easier than that rubbish from P&N each year at the Prelims.
Reply 5
Original post by Joe2001
I finished yesterday with Biology! :smile:.
With that in mind, I was wondering what exams people felt were easier and what were harder.
IMO - Easiest was French and Computing; Hardest were Biology and maybe Maths.
English and RMPS weren't bad, when I got down to it, Latin was fine (harder Paper 1, easy Paper 2), History was average. Can't really remember Chemistry.
I appreciate that not everyone has finished yet, but what are your thoughts?

BTW - Please don't talk about specific Q's, don't want to spend my whole summer vacation panicking! :redface:

1. Accounts
2. Chemistry surprisingly
3. Maths
4. Business
5. English
6 French
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Joe2001
What put English so low?

I'm assuming you did your Nat 5 courses in 2 years, people with 6 Nat 5's would've done it in 1.
Original post by LewisH15
I'm assuming you did your Nat 5 courses in 2 years, people with 6 Nat 5's would've done it in 1.

Yes - I did. IMO, 9 was a bit much though, and won't really be of any benefit anyway.
Reply 8
For me, easiest to hardest was:

1. Latin
2. German
3. History
4. Maths
5. Chemistry
6. Physics
7. English
8. Business

I don't really remember chemistry much though...
Results tomorrow and I'm freaking out!
for me it was

1. Biology 2. Art 3. History 4. Chemistry 5. Maths 6. Modern Studies 7. English

English has always been my hardest subject so it didn't come as a surprise that it was the one I found most difficult. I finished Biology in an hour so we'll find out tomorrow if I done well or not. Fingers crossed!
(edited 6 years ago)
from easiest to hardest for me :

Spanish (the listening/writing and most of writing were really easy)
Maths (despite everyone moaning i found it fair)
English (timing was a struggle though)
Chemistry (i don't really know, it was quite hard)
Modern Studies (timing and some weird questions)
Music (some weird questions and i'm usually good at music but ?this was hard?)
Best of luck today eveyone :heart:

We're ready to celebrate and support here along with @mysqa

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=73095406&postcount=80

Spoiler

i have never in my life seen someone rate business harder than Physics and Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending