National 5 2017 - In order of difficulty

Watch
username3161682
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I finished yesterday with Biology! .
With that in mind, I was wondering what exams people felt were easier and what were harder.
IMO - Easiest was French and Computing; Hardest were Biology and maybe Maths.
English and RMPS weren't bad, when I got down to it, Latin was fine (harder Paper 1, easy Paper 2), History was average. Can't really remember Chemistry.
I appreciate that not everyone has finished yet, but what are your thoughts?

BTW - Please don't talk about specific Q's, don't want to spend my whole summer vacation panicking!
catsandhats
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I finished yesterday with biology too! Don't know how I'm going to last until August 8th Anyways from easiest to hardest imo were:

1. Music
2. Maths
3. French
4. Biology
5. English
6. Physics
username3161682
Rep:
(Original post by catsandhats)
I finished yesterday with biology too! Don't know how I'm going to last until August 8th Anyways from easiest to hardest imo were:

1. Music
2. Maths
3. French
4. Biology
5. English
6. Physics
I heard Physics was tricky!
What put English so low?
Lucky you only doing 6 N5's, I had to endure 9. Could have done with dropping one (or two!)
catsandhats
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
What put English so low?
Lucky you only doing 6 N5's, I had to endure 9. Could have done with dropping one (or two!)
English really isn't my strong subject ahaha I might have done better than I think but I doubt it.
username3161682
Rep:
English really isn't my strong subject ahaha I might have done better than I think but I doubt it.
Fair enough!
I thought the UAE was significantly easier than that rubbish from P&N each year at the Prelims.
LewisH15
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
With that in mind, I was wondering what exams people felt were easier and what were harder.
English and RMPS weren't bad, when I got down to it, Latin was fine (harder Paper 1, easy Paper 2), History was average. Can't really remember Chemistry.

BTW - Please don't talk about specific Q's, don't want to spend my whole summer vacation panicking!
1. Accounts
2. Chemistry surprisingly
3. Maths
4. Business
5. English
6 French
LewisH15
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What put English so low?
I'm assuming you did your Nat 5 courses in 2 years, people with 6 Nat 5's would've done it in 1.
username3161682
Rep:
(Original post by LewisH15)
I'm assuming you did your Nat 5 courses in 2 years, people with 6 Nat 5's would've done it in 1.
Yes - I did. IMO, 9 was a bit much though, and won't really be of any benefit anyway.
crouchms
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For me, easiest to hardest was:

1. Latin
2. German
3. History
4. Maths
5. Chemistry
6. Physics
7. English
8. Business

I don't really remember chemistry much though...
Results tomorrow and I'm freaking out!
username2761666
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
for me it was

1. Biology 2. Art 3. History 4. Chemistry 5. Maths 6. Modern Studies 7. English

English has always been my hardest subject so it didn't come as a surprise that it was the one I found most difficult. I finished Biology in an hour so we'll find out tomorrow if I done well or not. Fingers crossed!
leavemeblank
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
from easiest to hardest for me :

Spanish (the listening/writing and most of writing were really easy)
Maths (despite everyone moaning i found it fair)
English (timing was a struggle though)
Chemistry (i don't really know, it was quite hard)
Modern Studies (timing and some weird questions)
Music (some weird questions and i'm usually good at music but ?this was hard?)
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Best of luck today eveyone :heart:

We're ready to celebrate and support here along with mysqa

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6&postcount=80

Spoiler:
Show

1. Music
2. Maths
3. French
4. Biology
5. English
6. Physics
What put English so low?
Fair enough!
I thought the UAE was significantly easier than that rubbish from P&N each year at the Prelims.
(Original post by LewisH15)
1. Accounts
2. Chemistry surprisingly
3. Maths
4. Business
5. English
6 French
(Original post by crouchms)
For me, easiest to hardest was:

1. Latin
2. German
3. History
4. Maths
5. Chemistry
6. Physics
7. English
8. Business

I don't really remember chemistry much though...
Results tomorrow and I'm freaking out!
(Original post by rach-atl)
for me it was

1. Biology 2. Art 3. History 4. Chemistry 5. Maths 6. Modern Studies 7. English

English has always been my hardest subject so it didn't come as a surprise that it was the one I found most difficult. I finished Biology in an hour so we'll find out tomorrow if I done well or not. Fingers crossed!
(Original post by leavemeblank)
from easiest to hardest for me :

Spanish (the listening/writing and most of writing were really easy)
Maths (despite everyone moaning i found it fair)
English (timing was a struggle though)
Chemistry (i don't really know, it was quite hard)
Modern Studies (timing and some weird questions)
Music (some weird questions and i'm usually good at music but ?this was hard?)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (31)
6.89%
October 2021 (207)
46%
November 2021 (49)
10.89%
December 2021 (58)
12.89%
January 2021 (50)
11.11%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
9.11%