The Student Room Group

i want to go to university but i have no qualifications

hi i want to go to university and study dentistry but i left school with basically nothing due to ongoing struggles with my mental health. im unsure how or where to resit the required subjects in order to get into this course at university. the course requires:

SQA: Highers: Biology at B. National 5s: English at C.
A Levels: Biology at B. GCSEs: English at C or 4.
IB: HL: Biology at 5. SL: English at 5.

i have none of this, even at national 5 level i failed. where do i go next as i really want to turn my life around and be successful. thanks.

Spoiler

(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by boss-girl
hi i want to go to university and study dentistry but i left school with basically nothing due to ongoing struggles with my mental health. im unsure how or where to resit the required subjects in order to get into this course at university. the course requires:

SQA: Highers: Biology at B. National 5s: English at C.
A Levels: Biology at B. GCSEs: English at C or 4.
IB: HL: Biology at 5. SL: English at 5.

i have none of this, even at national 5 level i failed. where do i go next as i really want to turn my life around and be successful. thanks.

Spoiler

Hey @boss-girl :smile: When did you leave school? Would you be considered for entry as a mature student?

We don't offer Dentistry but I know it is really competitive, especially in Scotland. I'd recommend reaching out to the universities that teach your subject area to get an idea of your potential pathways. I'd say it's highly likely they'll recommend you go back to study something else before you can apply to University. I can't advise on specific routes for that course so reach out to the Universities directly who can talk you through your next steps.

Good luck!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending