The Student Room Group

What is some Inspector Calls context for these quotes also some analysis???

What is some Inspector Calls context for these quotes also some analysis??? ( Or any context that i could link into my essay)
GCSE AQA Eng Lit Paper 2
The play was written in 1945 (during ww2)
but set in 1912 ( 2 years before ww1)

1 - "And one day, Eric, when you've a daughter of your own you'll understand why." - Mr Birling to Eric, Act 1.

2 - "my child - your own grandchild - you killed them both - damn you, damn you." - Eric to Mrs Birling, Act 3 .....
Also why did Sybil turn Eva away from her charity again??

3 - "used her.... as if she was an animal, a thing not a person." - The Inspector about/to Eric and to the rest of the family.

4 - "I didn't even remember - that's the hellish thing" - Eric to the Inspector, Act 3.

5 - "I was in that state when a chap easily turns nasty." - Eric to the Inspector, Act 3
heyy i know its a year later but i wanted to know if you had to these questions as im wondering the same thing and i cant find it anywhere on google
Original post by anonomon
What is some Inspector Calls context for these quotes also some analysis??? ( Or any context that i could link into my essay)
GCSE AQA Eng Lit Paper 2
The play was written in 1945 (during ww2)
but set in 1912 ( 2 years before ww1)

1 - "And one day, Eric, when you've a daughter of your own you'll understand why." - Mr Birling to Eric, Act 1.

2 - "my child - your own grandchild - you killed them both - damn you, damn you." - Eric to Mrs Birling, Act 3 .....
Also why did Sybil turn Eva away from her charity again??

3 - "used her.... as if she was an animal, a thing not a person." - The Inspector about/to Eric and to the rest of the family.

4 - "I didn't even remember - that's the hellish thing" - Eric to the Inspector, Act 3.

5 - "I was in that state when a chap easily turns nasty." - Eric to the Inspector, Act 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending