The Student Room Group

CCEA AS1 chemistry 2017

What did everyone think of the exam? I thought it was better than I expected it to be, but I still feel like I could've lost so many marks which scares me ahh

Scroll to see replies

good enough but what did everyone get on the last question
Original post by hfewohfeuh
good enough but what did everyone get on the last question

0.86 or something similar
Original post by chemnerd4life
0.86 or something similar

I somehow got 0.954 did anyone else or something silmalar
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mh717177171
I somehow got 0.954 did anyone else or something silmalar

i've heard a lot of people say they've gotten a value around 0.8 but i couldn't fully do the question
Reply 5
Did you get the P4 equation to balance?
Original post by carao.neill
Did you get the P4 equation to balance?

no but it was only one mark and i didn't have the time for it the rest was ok did you?
Original post by carao.neill
i've heard a lot of people say they've gotten a value around 0.8 but i couldn't fully do the question

would you say you'd be able to get method marks if you just ended up with a rounding error
Reply 8
no but it was only one mark and i didn't have the time for it the rest was ok did you?

No my oxygens just wouldn't balance
Reply 9
would you say you'd be able to get method marks if you just ended up with a rounding error

yea i was talking to my chem teacher and she said we would method marks even if we didn't get the actual answer
Reply 10
I thought the paper itself wasnt too bad, i couldn't get the 6 marker about preparing the standard solution though because I didn't have a clue
Is anyone ready for AS3
Is anyone ready for AS3

Not at all! I'm kind of dreading it, really. The specimen paper didn't make any sense to me, but that seems to be the way with CCEA's specimen papers atm :/
Original post by stealingcarbon
Not at all! I'm kind of dreading it, really. The specimen paper didn't make any sense to me, but that seems to be the way with CCEA's specimen papers atm :/

It made no sense me and my friends are all freaking out like wtf is gentle reflux i know what it is now but I've never heard of it
It made no sense me and my friends are all freaking out like wtf is gentle reflux i know what it is now but I've never heard of it

I'm exactly the same, it was absolute nonsense. As was the specimen for AS 1. So I guess we can only hope that it turns out to be better written than the sample! How are you feeling about the exam on Monday?
I'm exactly the same, it was absolute nonsense. As was the specimen for AS 1. So I guess we can only hope that it turns out to be better written than the sample! How are you feeling about the exam on Monday?

Kinda ok like the reactions are annoying to learn hby?
Kinda ok like the reactions are annoying to learn hby?

Yeah, the reactions suck. I'm just really sick of it at this point tbh, wanna get it over with already. What did you think of AS 1?
Yeah, the reactions suck. I'm just really sick of it at this point tbh, wanna get it over with already. What did you think of AS 1?

really good ruined a few easy marks though and some of the calculations were annoying hbyyy
really good ruined a few easy marks though and some of the calculations were annoying hbyyy

Yeah, I feel the same. I felt that AS 2 went better than AS 1, strangely enough. How'd you find it?
Yeah, I feel the same. I felt that AS 2 went better than AS 1, strangely enough. How'd you find it?

Good it was far easier except i miss read one question and drew the major and minor reaction mechanism hbyy

Quick Reply

Latest