The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medicine A100 2018 Entry Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

The woman's email came through yesterday around 9am and on track around 4pm honestly it was a total shock for me!!
Original post by nata5ha
Scottish applicant, 7 As at Nat 5 and 5 As at Higher, shocker but i'm not doing Advanced Higher Chemistry, only Advanced Biology, Advanced History and Higher Modern Studies

2600 with a 650 average for UKCAT and !!! Band 3 for SJT which honestly i'm sure u'll agree is a surprise that Edinburgh accepted me with such a low UKCAT score combined with not doing Chemistry at AH

Pretty strong personal statement in my opinion - voluntary work, work experience in a hospital etc etc

Ahh congrats!! :smile:
Have any English/Non-Scottish students heard back yet? How much longer do you think we'll be waiting if so?
Original post by JennLousie
Have any English/Non-Scottish students heard back yet? How much longer do you think we'll be waiting if so?

Not as far as I know! They originally said March, however I believe that the Scottish applicants weren't expecting to hear so soon, so who knows! I'd predict around late-February but no-one really knows :smile:
Original post by jazz_xox_
Not as far as I know! They originally said March, however I believe that the Scottish applicants weren't expecting to hear so soon, so who knows! I'd predict around late-February but no-one really knows :smile:

Okay thank you! I was just panicking for a moment there!
Reply 225
Original post by nata5ha
Well, I really didn't want to take AH Chem bc it was at a different school and it was sm effort so I took history instead BUT edinburgh did contact me to ask why i didn't take it so i said that pressures from going to another school would impact on my studies - they seemed to be fine with that though they asked for confirmation from my referee so i wouldn't go lying about it

And honestly nothing extraordinary on my personal statement, quite reflective and well written i've been told so idk if that's what pulled me up on their scoring system. i do come from a disadvantaged area and did reach but it was for glasgow not edinburgh so i don't think that made the difference as i just briefly mentioned it in personal statement

It came through email with a woman saying i'd be getting an offer through in the next few days then a few hours later turned up on track, though it's not came up on euclid yet

Also could possibly be alphabetical - my last name begins with B

Well congratulations again! Is edinburgh your only offer so far?
Yeah i think any predictions on when offers come through should be thrown out the window at this point - mid january and offers coming in, it's a bit surreal when everyone thought that they'd start to come through in march
And yeah my only offer apart from my biomedical sciences unconditional from strathclyde
I got a conditional offer!!
Original post by future=medicine
I got a conditional offer!!

Whats was your offer? Could you share your stats and are you RUK, scottish or international?
Have any English applicants had offers yet?
Original post by Actuvia
Whats was your offer? Could you share your stats and are you RUK, scottish or international?

It was 3B's (I do 2Adv H and 1 H) I'm Scottish.

Stats

National 5's - 6A's
Highers 3A's (Maths, Human Biology and German) and 2B's (English and Chemistry but I crashed chemistry)
UKCAT - average 665
It was 3B's (I do 2Adv H and 1 H) I'm Scottish.

Stats

National 5's - 6A's
Highers 3A's (Maths, Human Biology and German) and 2B's (English and Chemistry but I crashed chemistry)
UKCAT - average 665

Which band did you get in SJT?
Band 2
Original post by Lucyhollands
Which band did you get in SJT?
Band 2

I am a part of REACH and LEAPS
Reply 235
What does your last name begin with if you don’t mind me asking?
It begins with L
what r ur advanced highers n higher??
whats ur personal statement like/
Biology&Chemistry and H is Economics. Not sure what my personal statement is like compared to other applicants but I think it's quite good.
Original post by Carti
Thank you! 7 A's Nat 5, 5 A's Higher, UKCAT 685 Band 1. Was quite unsure about applying to Edinburgh cause I heard you needed a UKCAT of over 700 to have a chance but it just goes to show!

Are you a normal Undergraduate or are you part of a LEAP/REACH scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending