The Student Room Group

How to revise for maths?

Normally I have just done past paper questions to revise for maths, I've done nearly every single C1 and C2 paper for instance. However with my C1 and C2 exams done, I've noticed that some questions on the new papers are much harder and complex than those on previous papers. I'm worried now that if I revise purely from past papers and tutorials, then I might not know what to do on a harder question on the new S1 paper.
Original post by AxSirlotl
Normally I have just done past paper questions to revise for maths, I've done nearly every single C1 and C2 paper for instance. However with my C1 and C2 exams done, I've noticed that some questions on the new papers are much harder and complex than those on previous papers. I'm worried now that if I revise purely from past papers and tutorials, then I might not know what to do on a harder question on the new S1 paper.

I have also done exactly what you did for C1 and C2 AND DID THE EXAM THIS YEAR. Yes, the exam are getting harder than any previous papers..just keepm practising..that what im doing...I am in your situation I am scared that I wont be able to do hard question on S1

Spoiler

Reply 2
I like doing solomon papers, they havent failed me yet. This year i sat C1,C2 and fp1 so far with m1,s1 and c3 to go. I didnt find the c1/2 too difficult and perhaps thats because of the solomon papers.

Im on edexcel if u were wondering

Quick Reply

Latest