The Student Room Group

Foundation year fail and mental health

So I took BTEC Applied Science and achieved D*D*D, however because I was one chemistry unit short I had to take a foundation year to progress onto a chemistry degree.

I feel like I understand the content, and then it comes to exams and it’s like I forget how to do everything. In January for my maths unit, I achieved 37, when I needed 40. My coursework I had a grade of 42, and my exam was 35 (25% coursework, 75% exam)

I learned from how I revised for the maths exam in January and for the recent maths exam (higher level) I made sure to do past papers, exam questions etc.. and then it got to the exam and I completely forgot how to do things I revised ;(

I also feel like I completely messed up my chemistry exam because everything I revised didn’t show up. I feel like such a failure because I know I’m capable of this, and I understand the content when I revise, but when it comes to exams I just don’t know what happens.

I’m not sure what will happen if I fail the chemistry exam and second maths exam. I’m scared I’ll be told to withdraw from uni. I’m also realising how my mental health has affected me throughout the year, and I’m scared it’s too late to say anything to the uni, or if there’s any point. I went through something traumatic when I was 17, and I developed PTSD from it, usually in stressful situations I feel like everything worsens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending