The Student Room Group

SQE or LPC? PLEASE HELP

Hi all, a few months ago I've accepted a place to do the LPC part-time this September, meaning I will finish in 2 years' time. I know there aren't many confirmed details so far, but with the SQE replacing the LPC in the future, do you think it is still worth doing the LPC or shall I just wait for the SQE to come in? How will the SQE affect 'last' LPC graduates on training contracts?
Original post by eeek20
Hi all, a few months ago I've accepted a place to do the LPC part-time this September, meaning I will finish in 2 years' time. I know there aren't many confirmed details so far, but with the SQE replacing the LPC in the future, do you think it is still worth doing the LPC or shall I just wait for the SQE to come in? How will the SQE affect 'last' LPC graduates on training contracts?

Yes. I doubt the SQE will be that different. The LPC will run side by side as part of the transitional arrangements, expect 3-7 years for it to remain valid imo. You will know when they publish the full details. there will still be training contracts, but there may be a bit of a stampede in 2020.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending