The Student Room Group

edexcel A2 history 9th/16th/21st 2017 OFFICIAL EXAM THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ashtonbakers
Me

Sweet, have you got any predictions for the Russia paper? Also are you revising all 4 or prioritising 3?
Original post by TSRMatt
me!!

Sweet, have you got any predictions for the Russia paper? Also are you revising all 4 or prioritising 3?
Original post by SaraswatiRaina
i am :smile:

Anyone doing route C (Britain 1625-1703 and Russia 1895 (or so) - 1924)?
Reply 24
Route C anyone??
Original post by ChloeJaneSmith
anyone doing britain and america

I am!
Original post by brunolynch
I am!

any predictions ? ive never been so stressed in my life and have only learnt themes two and three for tomorrow f my life
Is everyone in the same boat as me where they feel massively underprepared loooool
Original post by FayeN
Route C anyone??

Hi! I'm doing route C! Looking forward to Stuarts tomorrow?
any predictions ? ive never been so stressed in my life and have only learnt themes two and three for tomorrow f my life

This is what someone said on another thread

'Based on this, if I could take a guess, I would say that the questions may be on the rise of television, homosexuality, the sexual revolution (policies of swinging sixties), Lloyd Georges government, racism, the labour government of 1945, trade unions, welfare policies after 1945, thatcher "rolled back the state" and perhaps a question on women after 1945 and the blurring of the classes/ class divisions between lower, middle and upper. I'm not confident on the politics side of things so I will have to revise that. But I am almost certain that the sexual revolution will come up somewhere, as it was a big chunk of the course and is highlighted as being important in the specification.'

But dont take my word for it!
Original post by WhitneyHouston
Is everyone in the same boat as me where they feel massively underprepared loooool

Yeah I feel like I only know 2 out of the 4 themes well
Original post by brunolynch
This is what someone said on another thread

'Based on this, if I could take a guess, I would say that the questions may be on the rise of television, homosexuality, the sexual revolution (policies of swinging sixties), Lloyd Georges government, racism, the labour government of 1945, trade unions, welfare policies after 1945, thatcher "rolled back the state" and perhaps a question on women after 1945 and the blurring of the classes/ class divisions between lower, middle and upper. I'm not confident on the politics side of things so I will have to revise that. But I am almost certain that the sexual revolution will come up somewhere, as it was a big chunk of the course and is highlighted as being important in the specification.'

But dont take my word for it!

makes me feel slightly better ! I swear to god if economics or politics or sport/leisure comes up im leaving the exam room
makes me feel slightly better ! I swear to god if economics or politics or sport/leisure comes up im leaving the exam room

I think politics is the death of everyone!
How many sides does everyone usually write in the exam per 20 mark essay? (i know we shouldn't base it on this, but it always worries me ahaha)
Original post by WhitneyHouston
How many sides does everyone usually write in the exam per 20 mark essay? (i know we shouldn't base it on this, but it always worries me ahaha)

Really varies with detail and handwritting size.

I tend to do brief intro, then 3 detailed for pre war, war and post war detailed conclusion if its that kina essay or intro, 4 diff theme paras which are less detailed then a detailed conclusion.
Anyone doing route D? (Democracy and protest in Britain, Unification of Germany and Civil rights and race relations in America)
Original post by eruditeprincess
Hi! I'm doing route C! Looking forward to Stuarts tomorrow?

i do route c too!!! what do you thinks going to come up?
any predictions for Germany 1918-89 or Italy 1911-46?!
What are people thinking for option F America?
Anyone doing Britain 1625-1701 tomorrow, France 1774-1799 and Germany 1871-1990? Are you taught to write essays thematically/factors? Really hate the source questions, not feeling ready for France tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending