The Student Room Group

Economics OCR GCSE

How did you guys find it?

Scroll to see replies

unit 2 was really good, unit 1 was kinda weird and the 8 markers were sort of repetitive
What did people put for the 8 marker on 'Product Markets'??
Unit 2 was a lot better than 1
Original post by DaveJones193
What did people put for the 8 marker on 'Product Markets'??
Unit 2 was a lot better than 1

i just treated it as a normal market in the service sector, discussed competitiveness and markets with many buyers pretty much
Reply 4
what are the types of diseconomies of scale?
Reply 5
I definitely failed after than product market question. I had no idea what it meant so made up an answer based on the thought that it's a market where only finished goods are sold, not services. So I lost 8 marks for sure. I also didnt finish the 8 marker about reducing income tax in paper 1 so I'm just done. There goes my dream of doing economics in University :colonhash: Also, I found Unit 1 better than Unit 2 tbh.
Reply 6
Poor communication, lack of communication, loss of coordination.
Reply 7
Micro (which is supposed to be unit 1, not the second exam) was awful, why was 'product markets' there? Never heard of it, no one seemed to have, but I still guessed it as a kind of market with competitiveness. Last 8 marker was also kinda confusing.
Reply 8
And is it just me but why was unit 1 the second exam, unit 2 the first exam?
Reply 9
what did you put for the cheese one?
Original post by molot
And is it just me but why was unit 1 the second exam, unit 2 the first exam?

lol it wasn't
What did you guys write for the paper 2- 8 markers??
Reply 12
Original post by thatcleverguy
lol it wasn't

Okay that makes no sense to why my first exam, which even had the exam code as ".../01" being unit 2 macroeconomics wtf,
Reply 13
what did you put for the cheese one?
What did you all get for the % increase in tax on the cigarettes, I got 53%
Reply 15
i got that too but what did you guys get for the supply curve
Original post by dude0501
i got that too but what did you guys get for the supply curve

Nice, lol my supply curve was from the bottom left corner to the top right corner and curved, the second one was very similar but was at a slightly lower gradient, starting at 0,0 also and finishing slightly below the end of the other one.
Reply 17
Original post by Blank2.0
Nice, lol my supply curve was from the bottom left corner to the top right corner and curved, the second one was very similar but was at a slightly lower gradient, starting at 0,0 also and finishing slightly below the end of the other one.

i could've sworn it should have been perfectly in elastic because quantity supplied went up when the price did
Original post by dude0501
i could've sworn it should have been perfectly in elastic because quantity supplied went up when the price did

Yeah, they both went up lol but quantity went up by a slightly different proportion, at first when I began to draw it it looked proportional however with the last few points it began to curve very noticeably.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Blank2.0
Yeah, they both went up lol but quantity went up by a slightly different proportion, at first when I began to draw it it looked proportional however with the last few points it began to curve very noticeably.

at least that's what I think, I may be wrong we need a few more people to confirm whos right lol

Quick Reply

Latest