Archiea-g
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm considering Regent's University but was wondering if anyone could perhaps give me some insight into how this university stands in the eyes of employers etc. Is it just a university for rich poeple who couldn't get into the top tier London unis or does it have accredation and a good reputation. To put it into context, i'm also considering Edinburgh, reading, Heriot-Watt and Oxford Brookes (insurance) - where would Regent's stand in relation to these unis?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Archiea-g)
I'm considering Regent's University but was wondering if anyone could perhaps give me some insight into how this university stands in the eyes of employers etc. Is it just a university for rich poeple who couldn't get into the top tier London unis or does it have accredation and a good reputation. To put it into context, i'm also considering Edinburgh, reading, Heriot-Watt and Oxford Brookes (insurance) - where would Regent's stand in relation to these unis?
I'd never heard of it. Presumably employers are just going to view it as a university. Interested to see what others say.
Viskuks
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

So which university you got into out of these ?
Archiea-g
Rep:
?
(Original post by Viskuks)
So which university you got into out of these ?
I actually changed my applications, I applied after i got my results (BBB) with predicted (AAB) (Said i'd retake a couple modules. I applied to York, Newcastle, City, Leeds and Sussex.

Offers from: York
Unconditional offer to Sussex

Waiting on: City
Newcastle

rejected by Leeds because I applied for a foundation course which apparently was only for very poor people or people from schools in the lowest 10%

Im thinking i'll most likely take my Sussex offer as its one of the highest for business (my course) out of my choices and it means i won't have to retake.
Viskuks
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I actually changed my applications, I applied after i got my results (BBB) with predicted (AAB) (Said i'd retake a couple modules. I applied to York, Newcastle, City, Leeds and Sussex.

Offers from: York
Unconditional offer to Sussex

Waiting on: City
Newcastle

rejected by Leeds because I applied for a foundation course which apparently was only for very poor people or people from schools in the lowest 10%

Im thinking i'll most likely take my Sussex offer as its one of the highest for business (my course) out of my choices and it means i won't have to retake.

Ohh that’s great 👍🏻

So what would be your take on Regent’s university?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Regents is not a reputable university... by any means.
Archiea-g
Rep:
?
(Original post by Viskuks)
Ohh that’s great 👍🏻

So what would be your take on Regent’s university?
My take, from my research, speaking to a few students etc is that it's predominantly international, rich students (nothing bad about that but something to think about).

I'd probs go there if I got CCC or lower maybe, or if I really wanted to be in London.

The campus is cool and the business courses looked interesting and flexible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.26%
Live streaming events (47)
8.64%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.06%