The Student Room Group

OCR Economics Unit 3 2017 (GCSE)

Any predictions for tomorrow's exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Feel like OCR is going to ruin us again such as with 'product market'...

Also, since the stimulus does not have topics such as the EU and currency, I assume that they won't be in the exam, or is it still possible in some way?
Original post by molot
Feel like OCR is going to ruin us again such as with 'product market'...

Also, since the stimulus does not have topics such as the EU and currency, I assume that they won't be in the exam, or is it still possible in some way?

It's unlikely, but still revise it because they can put random questions in sometimes.
How was it? Today's exam?
(edited 6 years ago)
Was i the only one who preferred the paper today to unit 1+2??
Original post by DaveJones193
Was i the only one who preferred the paper today to unit 1+2??

No lol! How were they overall?
Quite an odd paper with three 8 markers, one 10 marker and the 12 marker. That means that 56.75% of that paper was essay questions. Overall, all of the other questions were incredibly easy. The paper was quite easy overall but I just ran out of time, so I may lose 2-5 marks for poor evaluation on the MNCs 8 marker and the 12 marker.
Reply 7
This paper was very good, and a lot better than the previous ones. The 12 marker was a bit trickier, however overall, definitely a good paper.
What'd you guys put for the 12 marker?
Reply 9
Original post by metamorphic
What'd you guys put for the 12 marker?

I talked about Zambia and its economic effects there, kinda just repeated some stuff from the other question, also talked about Australia where it's less affected, as well as explaining the minimal effects on economies which export little to China.

Wasn't much of a fan of the impact questions.
Original post by molot
I talked about Zambia and its economic effects there, kinda just repeated some stuff from the other question, also talked about Australia where it's less affected, as well as explaining the minimal effects on economies which export little to China.

Wasn't much of a fan of the impact questions.

I wrote about how figure 9 shows that in 2014 the price of commodities fell and this coincides with China's slowdown, this is a benefit due to cost posh inflation in the manufacturing industry
Guys what was that 8/10 marker (not sure which one) talked about the budget deficit and something to do with protectionism.
Original post by Imtiyaz3812
Guys what was that 8/10 marker (not sure which one) talked about the budget deficit and something to do with protectionism.

Give one way protectionism can be used to reduce or alleviate (not sure) a trade deficit and one other way. Think that was it
Ran out of time for the 12 marker. How many marks do you think I can get with strong L1 and a developed paragraph and a moderately developed paragraph and no conclusion?
Original post by humayun.h
Give one way protectionism can be used to reduce or alleviate (not sure) a trade deficit and one other way. Think that was it

Thank God. Did you guys talk about how they do it? Like with a Embargo, Quota and Tariffs etc.
Thank God. Did you guys talk about how they do it? Like with a Embargo, Quota and Tariffs etc.

Yes, and for my other reason I said to lower interest rates to depreciate the exchange rate.

Think you can only mention one, i said tariffs because it is easy to talk about demand with it.
Original post by TheMightyBadger
Yes, and for my other reason I said to lower interest rates to depreciate the exchange rate.

I said with a Tariff, Quota and an Embargo, do you think they'll accept that?
For the 12 marker I talked about its effects on Zambia, which is a country that exported goods to China, and its effects on the UK, which imported goods from China. As for it not impacting countries I talked about countries which did not trade with China as much, although I literally only mentioned this briefly in my analysis - my analysis was mainly comprise of the negative and positive impacts an economic slowdown in China could cause in other countries, including increased unemployment plus trade deficit plus less economic growth in Zambia. Do you think I can get 8/12 with that?
I said with a Tariff, Quota and an Embargo, do you think they'll accept that?

No. Tariffs, quotas and embargoes are all methods of protectionism. You had to give a different one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending