The Student Room Group

Did not finish paper 2 maths gcse

I am a student who gets around 50-60 marks a paper but today's paper I reckon I got 30 or less , I did not finish the paper as I was too slow I got up to 17 properly . The rest I had to compete them in a time frame of 10m , so I rushed them . The first paper went really well , at around 59-65 marks I believe .
The worst thing is that I could do all the questions with ease but did not complete them :frown:
Im just sharing my frustration and stress

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't finish either oh well got my next exam in 2 hours so I'm focusing on that, just concentrate on ya next exam :smile:
Same I didnt finish. Everyone I know didnt finish either. It was just unfair
Original post by rm.25
I didn't finish either oh well got my next exam in 2 hours so I'm focusing on that, just concentrate on ya next exam :smile:

Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by Rxha
I am a student who gets around 50-60 marks a paper but today's paper I reckon I got 30 or less , I did not finish the paper as I was too slow I got up to 17 properly . The rest I had to compete them in a time frame of 10m , so I rushed them . The first paper went really well , at around 59-65 marks I believe .
The worst thing is that I could do all the questions with ease but did not complete them :frown:

Me tooooo I thought I was the only person which got less that 30 marks to but I missed out a lot of questions as I was extremely slow I thought I was the only person.
Reply 5
Original post by zainabxxo

I agree I didn't finish either
Original post by zainabxxo

I know , it was easy to get tangled with the questions but is mainly my bad time management that killed my exam . Hoeperulky it won't be a great difference to my grade
Reply 7
Original post by Rxha

Neither did I, and the majority of my friends who I spoke to barely finished or missed some questions out.
Original post by mdnvmpr
Neither did I, and the majority of my friends who I spoke to barely finished or missed some questions out.

How many questions did you missed out ? I missed out 6 lol which I could easily do :frown:
I was about to find C and get the equation of the last question, then that weirdo walkin around told us to stop. Overall I found it easy, coming from a person who got aprox 44 marks on paper 1.
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
I was about to find C and get the equation of the last question, then that weirdo walkin around told us to stop. Overall I found it easy, coming from a person who got aprox 44 marks on paper 1.

Well done !
Original post by Rxha
How many questions did you missed out ? I missed out 6 lol which I could easily do :frown:

Only a few, but in the last twenty minutes I was rushing like mad to get through like half of the paper so I may have lost a lot of marks there
Original post by mdnvmpr
Only a few, but in the last twenty minutes I was rushing like mad to get through like half of the paper so I may have lost a lot of marks there

I have poor eye sight so I literally could not read the time and when the invigilator said 10m I felt as if I could have a heart attack
Original post by Rxha

I really left the exam crying because I had lost at least 20 marks from just unanswered questions. The paper was not hard but it was all just too long to complete in that time
Original post by Rxha
Well done !

I just read my reply, and it sounds a bit cocky, so to clear that up, im not from a grammar school, and dont get 8s and 9s , mostly 6s, with a few 7s, and I only revised on the topic of the last question last night, soooo....
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
I just read my reply, and it sounds a bit cocky, so to clear that up, im not from a grammar school, and dont get 8s and 9s , mostly 6s, with a few 7s, and I only revised on the topic of the last question last night, soooo....

It did not sound cocky at all :smile:
Ugh my time management was crap I had to miss a few questions and wasted my time on question 2😩Half an hour in i was on like question 5
Original post by rachelxj
I really left the exam crying because I had lost at least 20 marks from just unanswered questions. The paper was not hard but it was all just too long to complete in that time

Me too girl. I really hope the grade boundaries are low
edexcel?
I ran out of time and I actually have extra time! I found it so difficult and honestly spent the entire break sitting in a toilet cubicle shaking. I thought that I'd done really well in all other exams and I've probably done the worst in this one. :c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending