The Student Room Group

Edexcel Legacy/old spec GCSE A*-G Maths paper 2 (calculator) FOUNDATION

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hanuk1987
Thanks a lot. Feel a little better after seeing it although I think I'll have scraped 69 in that paper at a push. I cautiously marked my non calc between 72 and 78 so I might just do it, hoping that the boundaries come down. Today's paper was a lot harder than any of the past papers I've sat.

I can't see a mark for the scale factor of 3 for the shape...obviously understand you probably can't scan that it. I'm sure I got it though, how many marks was it for?

I think it was 2 marks
Hi

Just sat the old spec Maths GCSE CALCULATOR FOUNDATION paper with EDEXCEL. How is everyone feeling about it? I found it very, very hard. Some questions we hadn't covered.

Updated answers: The filename has been corrected, the missing question 15D has been added, and some extra explanations have been added.

If I can get to a scanner today, I'll scan my answered papers and upload it.
Original post by abs1981
I'm sure there was an enlargement question , scale factor 3 ? I can't see it on the answers.
I answered it but my final 2 points looked off.
usually I can easily do enlargement! exam nerves

Well spotted. I'd missed that out when typing up my word document. That was question 15D and was worth 2 marks. Now corrected and added.

Scanned paper to follow as and when I can get to a scanner.
Original post by abs1981
I think it was 2 marks

I've just published a corrected document as I'd missed out the answer for question 15D, the enlargement of the trapezium. It was worth 2 marks.
Reply 24
Original post by Yorkshire Bob
I've just published a corrected document as I'd missed out the answer for question 15D, the enlargement of the trapezium. It was worth 2 marks.

Thank you ! you've really helped put my mind at rest. It's a close call but I think I've done it
Original post by abs1981
Thank you ! you've really helped put my mind at rest. It's a close call but I think I've done it

Fingers crossed that you get the result you need. Question 28 was soild!
Original post by TheKrystalSkye
Yorkshire bob; thank you for the mark scheme for paper 2. Can i ask, do you have a scan of paper 1 and paper 2 questions at all? And secondly do you have a mark scheme for paper 1 (non calc) thank you so much

The scan of my answered paper 1 is on the thread for that paper. As for paper 2, I'll scan my answered paper as soon as I can get to a scanner. Hope that will be today, but can't promise.
Thank you so much for the answers! :-)
sweets one took me ages.. i just did mine as a graph and did a higher/lower section trying to work out just around what the answer would be till i got it..and by checking the word document i was right :smile:
Reply 29
The scan of my answered paper 1 is on the thread for that paper. As for paper 2, I'll scan my answered paper as soon as I can get to a scanner. Hope that will be today, but can't promise.

Thanks for the papers, really appreciate it.

Are you a teacher/tutor? What do you think of this calculator paper in comprising with past ones? I found it a lot harder and most people I have spoken to have said the same. Are you able to predict the grade boundaries based on the paper at all? Comparing with past ones?

Thanks
I got about 65 on paper 1 and 67 on paper 2, but that's not counting marks I possibly got for working out.

If I get a few marks for working out combined with the grade boundaries going down I reckon I'll pass. Going to very close to call :afraid:

On previous exams I got 90/100! grade boundaries surely got to go down!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Mahnoor95
I got about 65 on paper 1 and 67 on paper 2, but that's not counting marks I possibly got for working out.

If I get a few marks for working out combined with the grade boundaries going down I reckon I'll pass. Going to very close to call :afraid:

On previous exams I got 90/100! grade boundaries surely got to go down!

I've been averaging out at about 80/100 on previous papers. The June 2015 or 14 papers were hard and I'd say these were compatible. Hoping the boundaries match that year :smile:
Thanks for the papers, really appreciate it.

Are you a teacher/tutor? What do you think of this calculator paper in comprising with past ones? I found it a lot harder and most people I have spoken to have said the same. Are you able to predict the grade boundaries based on the paper at all? Comparing with past ones?

Thanks

Yes, I am a maths teacher. I though the non-calc paper was very straightforward compared to others I've seen recently. As for the calc paper, it was mostly okay, but some questions did require students to apply their maths knowledge in ways they may have found challenging. The sweets sharing questions is an example of this.
My students found this paper harder than others papers they've tackled whilst doing past paper practice.
I never try to predict grade boundaries
Reply 33
I found that paper really hard has anyone got the question paper please?
Original post by plxinsxiling
sweets one took me ages.. i just did mine as a graph and did a higher/lower section trying to work out just around what the answer would be till i got it..and by checking the word document i was right :smile:

Creative solution. Some students also adopted a 'trial and improvement' approach if they were not able to work it out algebraically.
Reply 35
Yes, I am a maths teacher. I though the non-calc paper was very straightforward compared to others I've seen recently. As for the calc paper, it was mostly okay, but some questions did require students to apply their maths knowledge in ways they may have found challenging. The sweets sharing questions is an example of this.
My students found this paper harder than others papers they've tackled whilst doing past paper practice.
I never try to predict grade boundaries

Paper 1 was better than paper 2. I was hoping you'd thought it was hard! Haha. Fingers crossed for a C!
Reply 36
Updated answers: The filename has been corrected, the missing question 15D has been added, and some extra explanations have been added.

If I can get to a scanner today, I'll scan my answered papers and upload it.

thanks so much, have you managed to scan the paper yet ? xD
Original post by Emmz93
thanks so much, have you managed to scan the paper yet ? xD

Not yet. Hopefully Monday.
Reply 38
Not yet. Hopefully Monday.

Ok then thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
@yorkshirebob

this has made me feel very haram as i have probably not passed :-( whyyyyyyyyy i probbaly got 75-80 on my non calc and 65-70 on the calc.. is this okay?? i feel like ive flopped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending