The Student Room Group

epq

Can i do an epq in my second year of sixth form, or will there be no point because it wont be in time to apply for ucas.
I need ucas point and i know this is a good way to get them.
Yea u can do it in year 13 and still put it on your ucas to say you're doing one
But if you do it in year 12 you will have the grade already to put on your ucas so could get offers easier and maybe slightly lower grade requirements
meh they told me not to worry about ucas points but i guess it's important if you're applying for unis which have points requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by pereira325
Yea u can do it in year 13 and still put it on your ucas to say you're doing one
But if you do it in year 12 you will have the grade already to put on your ucas so could get offers easier and maybe slightly lower grade requirements
meh they told me not to worry about ucas points but i guess it's important if you're applying for unis which have points requirements?

Would i be able to do an epq privately, like not through school?
Yeaa, i have to meet the points criteria to get in to the course.
Original post by anjali_25

sorry don't know. email schools or sixth forms in your area and see if they would take you on for epq privately. I did mine in school as I am in a sixth form
Ah ok fair enough. Do u know how many points u need?
Original post by anjali_25

AQA don't allow private candidates to take the EPQ. I believe it's because you have a mentor who monitors your progress as it is more about the progression of your EPQ that contributes to your grade than the final piece itself.
Reply 5
Original post by pereira325
sorry don't know. email schools or sixth forms in your area and see if they would take you on for epq privately. I did mine in school as I am in a sixth form
Ah ok fair enough. Do u know how many points u need?

oh okay thank you for your help, its just i was supposed to do it through school this year however i got really busy and no one in my school caught up with me either so i just ended up not doing it.
i only need 112, but because im doing 2 a levels it will be difficult to reach it.

Quick Reply

Latest