The Student Room Group

epq

if you don't get the best grade in your epq- is is still worth mentioning in your personal statement, my epq is titled 'to what extent may sadness be regarded as comforting' and I feel like my discussion isn't good, I have an extension for it but I'm prioritsing revision for my mocks
Original post by amnajsjkkj
if you don't get the best grade in your epq- is is still worth mentioning in your personal statement, my epq is titled 'to what extent may sadness be regarded as comforting' and I feel like my discussion isn't good, I have an extension for it but I'm prioritsing revision for my mocks

Best to prioritise revision for your mocks, but do place some attention on your EPQ too as some unis lower their grades by one if you get A/A* in the EPQ- when you do your a levels you may need to fall back on the EPQ a bit. But do mention the EPQ it if it is relevant to the course you are planning for, or if there are applicable skills that could be brought to your degree,. For most there definitely are- essay writing, referencing, research, the presentation- all skills that you will be ahead in at uni in comparison to non-EPQ students. Similarly, if you don’t do well, maybe mention that you did an EPQ and that it perhaps “wasn’t the right topic” for you, or you have discovered you prefer more exam based methods of assessment- use the potential issues that may arise to your advantage.

It’s also important to note though, that in EPQ if you feel like you aren’t showing discussion in the essay, this can be shown elsewhere, such as in your final presentation. There are no set marks for the essay by itself, skills are marked throughout the whole project.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending