Airmed 15%
Steljoy 8%
Cemsimon 0%
Reshyna 0%
tmd12345 0%
Jabbathemuttdog0%
Total votes: 13

Night one

Disclaimer: Everything written here is for storytelling purposes only and bears no reflection on people's roles.

Life had not been kind to DreamlinerFinder.

As a young man he had fallen in love with a young nobleman; it had been the kind of fast and sordid affair to shock even the tabloids he a filthy member of the underclass, consorting with the most refined of aristocracy. For one glorious summer they had run through fields of wheat together, hand in hand and tumbled around in long grass that blew lazily in the breeze.

That the word love had been uttered so often, in such a carefree manner, made it all the worse when it was ripped so callously and needlessly away. That had been one bitter conversation, filled only with hot anger and regret. Love no longer had a place in the heart or mind of DreamlinerFinder.

It had taken a decade or more to forgive himself and even longer to find his true purpose. It had been after a 10 hour meditation session with Tibetan monks, high in the mountains, that DreamlinderFinder realised that he was ready. Ready for love.

But this time, it would be different. This love was not for him.

The move to Werewood had served two purposes. Firstly, the clear mountain air was good for the lungs and constitution and a particularly rare fruit, good for the bowels, was abundant. Secondly, many previously unacquainted people would be moving there and that provided the opportune moment to try out his love elixir. It had taken years of study, meditation and experimentation to perfect, but Dreamliner was sure that one small dose, delivered by an appropriately themed arrow, would be enough to set two people into a whirlwind of irrevocable love.

The werewolves were an irrelevance really. The work of love bows to no one and Dreamliner was sure that there was no cause to fear for his own safety. He had viewed the previous day's events with mild disinterest, a harmless necessity of living in the village. It was at night that the real, important work would happen.

He had spied them at the aborted barbeque and knew that they would make a most wonderful match. Calculations of body weight, compensations for slightly unfortunate looks and the urine of an unsuspecting Labrador completed the preparations.

Dreamliner stalked out of his house at midnight, perched himself upon a likely looking tree and placed himself in a deep meditative trance. Both arrows flew true, through open windows and landing smartly within the buttocks of the villages two newest lovers. This night was perfect.

You see, the problem with irrelevancies is that they themselves don't always see themselves as one. It was this crucial oversight that led Dreamliner to climb down a tree to come face to face with four snarling werewolves. Doris hadn't been very filling, so there wasn't very much left of DreamlinerFinder to find in the morning.

Labrador, the village's newest sheriff, had not been exaggerating their keen sense of smell. While there was much delight to be had in sniffing people's butts, it was the lure of death that really captivated her. Thus it was shortly after 6 when she set out, with the clear scent of blood in the air, sheriff's hat bouncing awkwardly on her head, to find the bloodied remains of DreamlinerFinder smeared on the ground. His bow was bent and broken and a dozen arrows scattered across the ground. Dreamliner was clearly

Spoiler

A crudely written note, covered in werewolf prints, was pinned into the tree by an arrow, it read:

“Arrogance is a sin and it is arrogant to covet more than thy neighbour. Pursuance of such a grand abode within the village will draw the wrath of those that stalk the night.”

Laurawatt, IkeaPanda, Cemsimon, Kholmes and Airmed were the first to arrive, alerted by the high pitch howl of Labrador. Laura immediately burst into tears and began whispering soothing words to the remains of Dreamliner. Cemsimon began scouting the area for clues, whispering hurriedly with Labrador who was busy sniffing a likely blood spatter. The rest of the village was quickly alerted by the commotion with Steljoy forming a separate investigative party, recruiting Kholmes, tmd, Jabba and bizzy.

Reshnya, OGGUS, Shadowdweller and Airmed comforted Laura, who was utterly inconsolable at the death of Dreamliner.

Thatsagoodone and bizzy set upon digging a grave and cleaning up the bow and arrows. Kraggor watched them nervously, occasionally laughing and muttering incoherent words to them both; Cogniton! Brought him some tea first, then worked her way around all the villagers. Ikea had mysteriously disappeared.

It didn't take long before the obvious had to be said.

“The werewolves are amongst us. We have to help ourselves, nay, save ourselves!” Labrador spoke loudly and clearly, drawing the various groups of villagers back to the town hall.

“Amongst us we have some talented people, I urge you to work together to find the werewolves. Then, we kill them!”

Steljoy applauded and proposed that once again, democracy should prevail. It was this moment that Ikea returned with a large, flatpack package, that was labelled DÖRIS.

“Ladies, gentlemen and canines. May I present to you, our new ballot box”.

In usual flatpack tradition, Michiyo had to be summoned to assemble it properly.

Cast your votes villagers, someone has to hang!

Required actions

You may vote for a member of the village to by lynched. You do not have to vote and the village may decide not to lynch someone this day. The vote will run for 24 hours, but I will end it early if there is a clear 'winner'

Submit your last will (containing one piece of information) that you wish to pass on to the town in the event of your death in the coming night. This is the only way to reliably pass on information.

Everyone

Attachment not found
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Sinnie_

Night one

Disclaimer: Everything written here is for storytelling purposes only and bears no reflection on people's roles.

As a young man he had fallen in love with a young nobleman; it had been the kind of fast and sordid affair to shock even the tabloids he a filthy member of the underclass, consorting with the most refined of aristocracy. For one glorious summer they had run through fields of wheat together, hand in hand and tumbled around in long grass that blew lazily in the breeze.

That the word love had been uttered so often, in such a carefree manner, made it all the worse when it was ripped so callously and needlessly away. That had been one bitter conversation, filled only with hot anger and regret. Love no longer had a place in the heart or mind of DreamlinerFinder.

It had taken a decade or more to forgive himself and even longer to find his true purpose. It had been after a 10 hour meditation session with Tibetan monks, high in the mountains, that DreamlinderFinder realised that he was ready. Ready for love.

The move to Werewood had served two purposes. Firstly, the clear mountain air was good for the lungs and constitution and a particularly rare fruit, good for the bowels, was abundant. Secondly, many previously unacquainted people would be moving there and that provided the opportune moment to try out his love elixir. It had taken years of study, meditation and experimentation to perfect, but Dreamliner was sure that one small dose, delivered by an appropriately themed arrow, would be enough to set two people into a whirlwind of irrevocable love.

The werewolves were an irrelevance really. The work of love bows to no one and Dreamliner was sure that there was no cause to fear for his own safety. He had viewed the previous day's events with mild disinterest, a harmless necessity of living in the village. It was at night that the real, important work would happen.

He had spied them at the aborted barbeque and knew that they would make a most wonderful match. Calculations of body weight, compensations for slightly unfortunate looks and the urine of an unsuspecting Labrador completed the preparations.

Dreamliner stalked out of his house at midnight, perched himself upon a likely looking tree and placed himself in a deep meditative trance. Both arrows flew true, through open windows and landing smartly within the buttocks of the villages two newest lovers. This night was perfect.

You see, the problem with irrelevancies is that they themselves don't always see themselves as one. It was this crucial oversight that led Dreamliner to climb down a tree to come face to face with four snarling werewolves. Doris hadn't been very filling, so there wasn't very much left of DreamlinerFinder to find in the morning.

Labrador, the village's newest sheriff, had not been exaggerating their keen sense of smell. While there was much delight to be had in sniffing people's butts, it was the lure of death that really captivated her. Thus it was shortly after 6 when she set out, with the clear scent of blood in the air, sheriff's hat bouncing awkwardly on her head, to find the bloodied remains of DreamlinderFinder smeared on the ground. His bow was bent and broken and a dozen arrows scattered across the ground. Dreamliner was clearly

Spoiler

A crudely written note was pinned into the tree by one of them, it read:

“Arrogance is a sin and it is arrogant to covet more than thy neighbour. Pursuance of such a grand abode within the village will draw the wrath of those that stalk the night.”

Laurawatt, IkeaPanda, Cemsimon, Kholmes and Airmed were the first to arrive, alerted by the high pitch howl of Labrador. Laura immediately burst into tears and began whispering soothing words to the remains of Dreamliner. Cemsimon began scouting the area for clues, whispering hurriedly with Labrador who was busy sniffing a likely blood spatter. The rest of the village was quickly alerted by the commotion with Steljoy forming a separate investigative party, recruiting Kholmes, tmd, Jabba and bizzy.

Reshnya, OGGUS, Shadowdweller and Airmed comforted Laura, who was utterly inconsolable at the death of Dreamliner.

Thatsagoodone and bizzy set upon digging a grave and cleaning up the bow and arrows. Kraggor watched them nervously, occasionally laughing and muttering incoherent words to them both; Cogniton! Brought him some tea first, then worked her way around all the villagers. Ikea had mysteriously disappeared.

“The werewolves are amongst us. We have to help ourselves, nay, save ourselves!” Labrador spoke loudly and clearly, drawing the various groups of villagers back to the town hall.

“Amongst us we have some talented people, I urge you to work together to find the werewolves. Then, we kill them!”

Steljoy applauded and proposed that once again, democracy should prevail. It was this moment that Ikea returned with a large, flatpack package, that was labelled DÖRIS.

In usual flatpack tradition, Michiyo had to be summoned to assemble it properly.

Required actions

You may vote for a member of the village to by lynched. You do not have to vote and the village may decide not to lynch someone this day. The vote will run for 24 hours, but I will end it early if there is a clear 'winner'

Everyone

DREAMLINER NOO BUDDY :frown: missing you already <3
Man that grave was hard to dig, trying someone who I knew :frown:
This made me think that I should say this:

I am an innocent person <3
Please don't lynch me or you will pay the price for it.
@Labrador99 Please help me find out who this was. I want them to pay. For real.
Reply 2
Jesus :cry2: Cupid on the first night :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
Jesus :cry2: Cupid on the first night :cry2:

That got me a little bit too :/
did you poll vote?

Night one

Labrador, the village's newest sheriff, had not been exaggerating their keen sense of smell. While there was much delight to be had in sniffing people's butts, it was the lure of death that really captivated her. Thus it was shortly after 6 when she set out, with the clear scent of blood in the air, sheriff's hat bouncing awkwardly on her head, to find the bloodied remains of DreamlinerFinder smeared on the ground. His bow was bent and broken and a dozen arrows scattered across the ground. Dreamliner was clearly

Spoiler

A crudely written note was pinned into the tree by an arrow, it read:

Required actions

Everyone

Attachment not found

:shock:
:rip: @DreamlinerFinder It is horrible that you have been taken so soon and in real life terms, it is not nice to have to leave the game so early on :frown:

We must now try and avenge Dreamliner's death

@_Sinnie_ How can I do the tag everyone thing?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Labrador99
:rip: @DreamlinerFinder It is horrible that you have been taken so soon and in real life terms, it is not nice to have to leave the game so early on :frown:

We must now try and avenge Dreamliner's death, starting with the fact that those are some very cryptic dying words- can anyone extract some meaning from them???

Just for clarity, the note was left by the werewolves, not cupid.
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349

@Labrador99 Please help me find out who this was. I want them to pay. For real.

I have every intention of doing so- We must all work to seek out the werewolves and try to find out who has knowledge and who has suspicions, without them being so obvious that the werewolves notice, of course.

As sheriff, I have to ask (in line with my manifesto :smile:) why you have voted @laurawatt ? Especially making your decision so early in the voting period?
Laura, I invite, and encourage you to make a defence.
Reply 7

We must now try and avenge Dreamliner's death, starting with the fact that those are some very cryptic dying words- can anyone extract some meaning from them???

Copy and remove the / from the first tag.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

That changes things a bit then (I'll edit my post now :smile:) Did Dreamliner leave any dying words?

Copy and remove the / from the first tag.

Thanks Sinnie
I forgot to say in my other post that you have done a good job of the storytelling so far :h:
Reply 10
Thanks Sinnie
I forgot to say in my other post that you have done a good job of the storytelling so far :h:

Thanks, I do try my best.

Dreamliner did not leave any dying words (remember guys, if you want last words, submit your will during the vote phase - that is, right now!).

I have also edited the post to make it clearer it was a werewolf note.
I personally didn't get to know Dreamliner very well, but in all sincerity may they rest in peace. Come on village, let's find these wolves!
Original post by cemsimon
Come on village, let's find these wolves!

There doesn't seem to be too many people online at the moment, but since you and I both are, do you have any suspicions yet, cemsimon?
There doesn't seem to be too many people online at the moment, but since you and I both are, do you have any suspicions yet, cemsimon?

not yet, but i am closely monitoring and noting down all potential leads
Do you have any? (feel free to pm me, i'm up for a while)
(edited 6 years ago)
I have every intention of doing so- We must all work to seek out the werewolves and try to find out who has knowledge and who has suspicions, without them being so obvious that the werewolves notice, of course.

As sheriff, I have to ask (in line with my manifesto :smile:) why you have voted @laurawatt ? Especially making your decision so early in the voting period?
Laura, I invite, and encourage you to make a defence.

It's what i saw in the OP of this thread...
please read it <3
Loving the game so far and a shame that @DreamlinerFinder passed on so fast </3
[scrollr] :rip: @DreamlinerFinder :rip: [/scrollr]
not yet, but i am closely monitoring and noting down all potential leads
Do you have any? (feel free to pm me, i'm up for a while)

We must keep all discussion to this thread if you can :smile:
not yet, but i am closely monitoring and noting down all potential leads in the way i know best :wink: Do you have any? (feel free to pm me, i'm up for a while)

Fair enough and very diligent of you to be keeping a record :h: It is very early in the game and it's soooo difficult to tell, but we have all of tomorrow and I will do my best to get discussion going :smile: Hopefully that will help everyone to make a vote
please read it <3

The storytelling by Sinnie in the OP reveals nothing about anyone's roles though, so although I know it's difficult to vote for anyone at this stage, I would encourage you to reconsider your reasoning for voting. If you do reconsider and have the same view, that is fine, of course :smile: I will state with complete honesty that I would have said the same thing regardless of who you voted for, as at the moment I can't see any reason to vote for one player over another. Hopefully some discussion will help us have something to go on :smile:
:frown: I know- I always feel especially bad for the first few people, especially when they go into the game filled with enthusiasm :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'll be on a train tomorrow morning, so I will hopefully be online. This is assuming that the train that arrives has wifi though! I should be online in the evening once I get home though from my meeting (possibly earlier, again dependant on whether or not the train has wifi!).
For now though, I need to go to sleep :smile:
Reply 19
please read it <3

Just so you know, nothing in the story aspects has anything to do with people's roles in the game. Pretty much everything is made up for the purpose of the story. Several people gave me some personality traits to weave into their character, so that may well make them act strangely :smile:

@Airmed I'll get some sass in their soon!

If you wish to change your mind on the vote, just post in the thread and I'll use that vote rather than the poll.

Quick Reply

Latest