The Student Room Group

The Werewolves of TSR - Round 5: Night one

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michiyo
It is never too early! Not sure if you read it, but I explained how my Round Three lover and I found out or correctly guessed everyone's roles on N1-N2 :toofunny:

Too early for me then, maybe! I did read that though, very impressive :biggrin:

Original post by Labrador99
Fair enough...I have to ask as some people could have knowledge :smile:

Of course, fingers crossed that someone has! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair though, between you, you already knew the roles of 5 key players!

True :laugh: Lovers have that advantage if they are both powerful roles, albeit they still remain the least likely to win.

Original post by shadowdweller

Thank you :colondollar:

Like Labrador said, I admit we did start off knowing 5 key people and one of the other powerful roles was obvious as hell :rofl: (I mean, I knew one and guessed the second while he knew four. I then guessed two and he guessed the last one. Best teamwork ever.)

--------

Just discuss enough, dear village, and you will know who is who soon :yep:
Original post by shadowdweller

Of course, fingers crossed that someone has! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully they are able to help us out soon! :smile:
Original post by Michiyo
True :laugh: Lovers have that advantage if they are both powerful roles, albeit they still remain the least likely to win.

Like Labrador said, I admit we did start off knowing 5 key people and one of the other powerful roles was obvious as hell :rofl: (I mean, I knew one and guessed the second while he knew four. I then guessed two and he guessed the last one. Best teamwork ever.)

:laugh: Your deduction was still very impressive :smile:

Original post by Michiyo

Just discuss enough, dear village, and you will know who is who soon :yep:

Trying my hardest to initiate some discussion! :smile:
:laugh: Your deduction was still very impressive :smile:

Trying my hardest to initiate some discussion! :smile:

Thank you :blushing: :lovehug:

You are doing great! :rave:
Today's vote was not an easy decision. With such little information or suspicion, I have voted randomly. I do not know why I voted for @OGGUS , but I would be saying the same thing regardless of who I voted, which is exactly why I voted randomly by asking my brother to give me a number 1-18, corresponding to house numbers- first he gave me 1 (which was not helpful! Second time he chose 14, his birthday date. Sorry OGGUS. :frown: I think we are all in agreement that this vote was not one based on evidence, or even suspicion, but on randomness :frown: It is very important that everyone contributes to discussion, as it makes choosing who to vote that bit easier, as at the very least, it can give a reasonable reason for voting against someone else.
I just hope that luck is on the side of our random voting and that we manage to find a werewolf :redface:
Original post by Michiyo
Thank you :blushing: :lovehug:

You are doing great! :rave:

Thanks @Michiyo
Original post by IKEAPanda37
I've voted for @Steljoy bc they're the only voter so far who hasn't contributed a reason as to why they've voted for the person who they voted for which makes me think theyre trying to sneak under the radar

Not the greatest reason i know but I didnt really wanna vote randomly

But.. I am probably the best person to trust in the village!
Reply 108
I hate everyone
Not that it matters now but my defence speech gained me another vote.
Not to self: Stop writing awful defence speeches.
damn I missed my vote :frown: :s-smilie: should have voted earlier (travelling to london today so was unable to get proper wifi :s-smilie: )
Original post by Steljoy
But.. I am probably the best person to trust in the village!

Are you trying to tell us something @Steljoy ?

Original post by laurawatt
Not that it matters now but my defence speech gained me another vote.
Not to self: Stop writing awful defence speeches.

Not necessarily- I think most of it was random, as around 10/16 players currently only know their own role. However, it is not my job to defend anyone else, only act as a messenger (and hopefully a provider of reasoning/discussion!).
Are you trying to tell us something @Steljoy ?

The only thing I can say, is that the village will need me if they want to fight off the werewolves and survive!
Reply 113

Day two

Disclaimer: Literally nothing in the story should be taken as indications of roles, it is all for fun :smile:

None could pretend that the afternoon had been easy. The dark cloud of suspicion descended quickly, slowed only by the lingering despair at the death of Dreamliner. The only solace to be taken was that there were now two people in the village who at least had each other to support them. But it did not take long for looks of sorrow to turn skeptical and accusatory.

Labrador immediately took charge, attempting to elicit discussion from the villagers as to anything they may have seen, heard, smelt, suspected or even dreamed. It was hard going, despite her desperate yipping and yapping and even the occasional bark. No one had seen anything, no one had heard anything and no one knew anything. It had been too traumatic a 24 hours for some they couldn't bring themselves to say very much at all.

To Labrador's further dismay, several people went up to the ballot box and entered a name without any preamble. Though after some pestering, it turned out that most people voted randomly resorting to various arcane methods of selection. It was likely that most people just wanted to vote to try and make sure it wasn't them going to the gallows.

As dusk fell, DÖRIS began clicking and whirring. The ballot papers were collected up and flicked through with a satisfying purr. Then,

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

Finally a single slip of paper emerged. Labrador trotted up, picked it up and turned to face the assembled villagers. Her eyes fell on one person.

OGGUS

Spoiler

What do people want from life? Really, truly, deep down? I used to ask myself this question every single day. Sure, there was work, tapping away at a computer day in, day out hardly fulfilling! Friends! People to hang out with, do things with but then they would go home, they had their own lives.

It was all so frustrating.

I couldn't tell you when I realised it. I think it crept up on me, you know? Maturity, hormones and some worldly experience. You don't just wake up one day with that eureka feeling, nope, it's more that you suddenly realise you know the answer and that you've known it for some time. It's a bit like flicking on the light and finding out you'd already built a wardrobe in the corner.

What am I getting at? Well, I know what I want now. I know what will complete me. I want a wife. Someone who will join their life to my own, who will share those ups and soothe over the downs. This is what I want from life. This is why I'm moving to Werewood.

Taken from the journal of OGGUS, found in his house after his death at the hands of the village

No one moved for 10 seconds. Then 20. Finally 30. A vote is one thing, action is another. Labrador, so strong in leadership before, dithered... Could she do it? This was not hot blooded, spur of the moment, life or death. This was cold, hard and real.

Everyone looked to Labrador, who did not move. So no one moved.

Kraggor dashes inside the village hall and seizes the six-shooter. The villagers draw back. OGGUS grins uncertainly. Labrador howls and dives for the gun. A gunshot. A body hits the ground. OGGUS continues grinning. The villagers look down at their fallen neighbour. OGGUS looks down, his face falls, stricken. Kraggor fires again. OGGUS falls.

In his last moments of life, OGGUS reaches for Shadowdweller's hand, clasping it in his own. His lover who had taken a bullet for him. Their love had burned for but the briefest of moments and then, finally, the legacy of Dreamliner flickered out.

There was nothing but stunned silence. It was immediately obvious that two innocent villagers had been gunned down, worse, two lovers.

And night had come.

Required actions
Those of you with night actions will receive a PM in due course, please respond with your action
Submit a final will, if you have any words to share

Night will run until tomorrow evening I'm out during the day and therefore won't be able to write it up until then.

TSR ww.png

Everyone

@Michiyo as requested.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by _Sinnie_
x

Thank you for the tag! :hugs:

RIP @OGGUS and @shadowdweller. :rip:

First the Cupid, now the lovers. Seems like this round hates love in general.
(edited 6 years ago)
Rip shadow and OGGUS :/
I will miss you, fellow team purple member :frown:
Reply 116
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
Rip shadow and OGGUS :/
I will miss you, fellow team purple member :frown:

I might die but my sex lives on:biggrin:
Original post by _Sinnie_

Day two

Disclaimer: Literally nothing in the story should be taken as indications of roles, it is all for fun :smile:

None could pretend that the afternoon had been easy. The dark cloud of suspicion descended quickly, slowed only by the lingering despair at the death of Dreamliner. The only solace to be taken was that there were now two people in the village who at least had each other to support them. But it did not take long for looks of sorrow to turn skeptical and accusatory.

Labrador immediately took charge, attempting to elicit discussion from the villagers as to anything they may have seen, heard, smelt, suspected or even dreamed. It was hard going, despite her desperate yipping and yapping and even the occasional bark. No one had seen anything, no one had heard anything and no one knew anything. It had been too traumatic a 24 hours for some they couldn't bring themselves to say very much at all.

To Labrador's further dismay, several people went up to the ballot box and entered a name without any preamble. Though after some pestering, it turned out that most people voted randomly resorting to various arcane methods of selection. It was likely that most people just wanted to vote to try and make sure it wasn't them going to the gallows.

As dusk fell, DÖRIS began clicking and whirring. The ballot papers were collected up and flicked through with a satisfying purr. Then,

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

Finally a single slip of paper emerged. Labrador trotted up, picked it up and turned to face the assembled villagers. Her eyes fell on one person.

OGGUS

Spoiler

What do people want from life? Really, truly, deep down? I used to ask myself this question every single day. Sure, there was work, tapping away at a computer day in, day out hardly fulfilling! Friends! People to hang out with, do things with but then they would go home, they had their own lives.

It was all so frustrating.

I couldn't tell you when I realised it. I think it crept up on me, you know? Maturity, hormones and some worldly experience. You don't just wake up one day with that eureka feeling, nope, it's more that you suddenly realise you know the answer and that you've known it for some time. It's a bit like flicking on the light and finding out you'd already built a wardrobe in the corner.

What am I getting at? Well, I know what I want now. I know what will complete me. I want a wife. Someone who will join their life to my own, who will share those ups and soothe over the downs. This is what I want from life. This is why I'm moving to Werewood.

No one moved for 10 seconds. Then 20. Finally 30. A vote is one thing, action is another. Labrador, so strong in leadership before, dithered... Could she do it? This was not hot blooded, spur of the moment, life or death. This was cold, hard and real.

Everyone looked to Labrador, who did not move. So no one moved.

Kraggor dashes inside the village hall and seizes the six-shooter. The villagers draw back. OGGUS grins uncertainly. Labrador howls and dives for the gun. A gunshot. A body hits the ground. OGGUS continues grinning. The villagers look down at their fallen neighbour. OGGUS looks down, his face falls, stricken. Kraggor fires again. OGGUS falls.

In his last moments of life, OGGUS reaches for Shadowdweller's hand, clasping it in his own. His lover who had taken a bullet for him. Their love had burned for but the briefest of moments and then, finally, the legacy of Dreamliner flickered out.

There was nothing but stunned silence. It was immediately obvious that two innocent villagers had been gunned down, worse, two lovers.

And night had come.

Required actions
Those of you with night actions will receive a PM in due course, please respond with your action
Submit a final will, if you have any words to share

Night will run until tomorrow evening I'm out during the day and therefore won't be able to write it up until then.

TSR ww.png

Everyone

@Michiyo as requested.

:shock:

:rip: @OGGUS and @shadowdweller Sorry it was such a short game for you both :frown: :frown: :frown:

Original post by Michiyo

First the Cupid, now the lovers. Seems like this round hates love in general.

:frown:
Reply 118
:shock:

:rip: @OGGUS and @shadowdweller Sorry it was such a short game for you both :frown: :frown: :frown:

:frown:

Shocking stuff, right?
Oh my... I guess its back to the drawing board for the village.

May both OGGUS and Shadowdweller rest in peace:rip:
and may we avenge their deaths by finding these wolves.

Quick Reply

Latest