The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zezno
Don't even bother replying to these islamophobes their whole life is TSR
so - having labeled people with the i-word, you can now safely dismiss them and their opinions

by the way - assuming that someone does it - what's wrong with dedicating one's life to TSR ?

best
Its in these type of situations that I think its important to note that I do not believe the ethnicity, religious background or other social issues are really important when talking about the perpetrators of terrorist incidents. blaming muslims or christians, white or Blacks, rich or poor will not actively help to prevent these type of attacks in the future and will instead leads us to do precisly what the terrorists want us to do which is weaken us by dividing our communities along these religious and ethnic lines and makes is fearful and distrusting of those around us. their faith did not make them perform those actions. their faith is simply they justification they attempt to use for their heinous actions.
Original post by QE2
Love this! You don't know what you are looking for but you are sure that it's not there.

Again, telling me what I can and can't post. That's not your job, it's the moderators'. And so far, they don't see a problem (in fact, one of them called my posts "nuanced and elegant"! :wink: )

You missed out the important bit of my post... "and telling me what I should and shouldn't be talking about".

I welcome people butting in if they are going to contribute to the debate.

And with all due respect, you are the one who is doing the fixating. And it's not over an issue of any importance - it's over how I personally post or don't post. I know I have my fans on here but your obsession is perhaps a little unhealthy?

actually it's super easy to check if y'all have been arguing just crtl+f and then "lord" on each page to see what he said lol, fyi, literally none of it was about that argument.

if what you're saying isn't even productive/related to the topic then why not just... make a new thread??? instead of dragging it into a unrelated thread????

also yeah i'm fixating on it (since it's isolated to this thread) but you won't see me try and bring this up whenever i see you arguing on a different thread lol.

this is like, the main issue w/ people who have a fetish for debating™ random people for literally no reason because y'all keep dragging up unrelated stuff to get off lmfao
(edited 6 years ago)
Can't believe people are actually blaming Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage and the likes for this..
The real reason for this is because the government refuse to take absolutely any proper action against radical islamic terrorism. manchester bombers mosque not shut down even though it hosts hate preaches. Terrorists housed in protective housing next to primary schools instead of sent to prison. Jihadist allowed back in the UK. Zero proper response to Islamic terrorist attacks apart from 'we will not be divided' and 'Islam is a religion of peace'. It is inevitable that eventually some people will 'have enough' and try and take justice into their own hands so to speak.
If the British government came down hard on Islamic terrorism 10 years ago when it should of none of these last 4 attacks would have happened.
Original post by Meany Pie
You have to accept that there will be ****s in this world and move on.

There are topics that are very sensitive to me that people make light of and joke about, that is just life.

Well, that's not really true is it. People, Black and White lived through over 100 years of colonialism, imperialism and slavery and saw the injustice of the Transatlantic slave trade of Black and African people. Luckily people did not accept there will be **** in this world and told the world they will happily move on when the world changes. Same thing with WWII, the Allies did not just accept **** and moved on. They lol'd at Hitler and his allies and went to war to end it. Lest we forget the tens of millions of Women and LGBT people who have dedicated their freedoms and often their lives to get Western Europe and North America countries this far in terms of Women and LGBT equality. So no, problems in the world that are human-made are not just **** for us to deal with and move on. It's stuff for us, well some of us since it doesn't seem like you want to lift a finger to help (lazy :tongue:) humans to solve. Day by day, year by year, generation by generation, century by century. In our own little way. Forward...

:u:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Croydonboy88
Can't believe people are actually blaming Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage and the likes for this..
The real reason for this is because the government refuse to take absolutely any proper action against radical islamic terrorism. manchester bombers mosque not shut down even though it hosts hate preaches. Terrorists housed in protective housing next to primary schools instead of sent to prison. Jihadist allowed back in the UK. Zero proper response to Islamic terrorist attacks apart from 'we will not be divided' and 'Islam is a religion of peace'. It is inevitable that eventually some people will 'have enough' and try and take justice into their own hands so to speak.
If the British government came down hard on Islamic terrorism 10 years ago when it should of none of these last 4 attacks would have happened.
Oh quit your damn tears.

Tommy Robinson is a White Supremacist hate preacher who is lucky to be a UK born citizen, not have been born somewhere in Europe, since he is protected by the very Human Rights laws people like him like to trash so much otherwise he'd be deported by now. For you not to realise this is a worrying sign in of itself. If your logic is that Islamic hate preachers are dangerous because they stoke up fear and cause social conflict that spills into violence, The logic applies to anyone else, regardless of their social group, be it race, religion, sexuality etc.

Tommy constantly generalises Muslims in the UK, speaks as if hate attacks on British Muslims is justified reaction. He purposefully calls for their birthrights to be abused and engages in activities like bursting into UK Mosques to randomly intimate British people who are exercising their British right to practice their religion. The guy is White Far-Right extremist, end of.

Groups like the EDL/BNP/Britain First are as dangerous to UK democracy as British Islamist. Both call for the abuse of human rights, discrimination of UK people, demonstrate hatred of UK people who do not conform to their ideal view of what is a British person and refuse to acknowledge the abuse their so-called enemy is facing by each others hateful preaching. They are all a bunch ***** and the fair minded British majority like myself are sick and tired of both extreme groups trying to push our country into some civil conflict. Just because they lack the ability to see each other as human beings both born on an Island they had no choice over and should be trying to make it better. Instead both sides are just blinded by hate.

I'd love to round up all British far-right and Islamist sympathisers and dump them on some oversea UK territory. So the rest of us can get on and live together because quite frankly, you all bore us to death.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reformed2010
Well, that's not really true is it. People, Black and White lived through over 100 years of colonialism, imperialism and slavery and saw the injustice of the Transatlantic slave trade of Black and African people. Luckily people did not accept there will be **** in this world and told the world they will happily move on when the world changes. Same thing with WWII, the Allies did not just accept **** and moved on. They lol'd at Hitler and his allies and went to war to end it. Lest we forget the tens of millions of Women and LGBT people who have dedicated their freedoms and often their lives to get Western Europe and North America countries this far in terms of Women and LGBT equality. So no, problems in the world that are human-made are not just **** for us to deal with and move on. It's stuff for us, well some of us since it doesn't seem like you want to lift a finger to help (lazy :tongue:) humans to solve. Day by day, year by year, generation by generation, century by century. In our own little way. Forward...

:u:

You should learn about context :h:
Original post by QE2
Except there isn't any "evidence". Just the fevered assertions of conspiracy theorists.

You do realise that the "Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams" meme is now used as a joke, because the processes that led to the collapse of the towers do not require the steel beams to melt in a jet fuel fire, only that the vertical units soften slightly allowing them to bow outwards by a small amount under the weight of the floors above, which meant that the floor anchor points failed, causing the floor to drop, thus causing the floor below to fail, and so on. It really isn't any mystery.

Can't argue with that explanation, I take back what I said. But I still think that theorising is quite interesting, especially all the "Ancient Aliens" stuff if you've ever seen that show. Some of the things they mention on there do make you wonder if we were actually helped out by Ancient Aliens. For instance, how did the Ancient Egyptians know about e and pi? What are the chances that the e and pi values derived from the dimensions of the Pyramid are coincidentally 99.9% accurate?

http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-africa-opinion-guest-authors/mathematical-encoding-great-pyramid-002323

I bet you've got something to counter all of that though :wink:

15 years ago is more like it

at that time, London was a sort of safe haven for Islamist terrorists (as long as they only struck in foreign countries and left the UK alone) : London was popularly known in Europe as Londonistan

well, 5/5/2005 put an end to all that, but the damage had already been done
Original post by Foo.mp3
#HateToSayIToldYouSo :naughty:

What kind of sentence do you think he'll be given? Let's hope he rots behind bars,true justice served ice cold

Oh ****, looks like we got an expert on our hands. Show me evidence of "hate speaches" being indertaken in this Manchester mosque, show me evidence of know, definitive muslim extremist living beside primary school. If your front line of argument is that the individual responsible for these attacks did it for a purpose of revenge or retaliation, then you've justified ever "islamic" terror attack since 1998. As the majority of "islamic" terrorist are killing in revenge and retaliation of western bombing of innocent civilians, well over 1,000,000 in Iraq alone. Western forces initiate in airstrikes, then occupation, and proceed to leave a country in shambles. 10 years later they make a movie about how killing Iraqi children made their soldiers sad, and will donate towards Charities. So really, if this attack was justified, so was the Manchester, 7/7 or 9/11 incidents. Why would you let those monsters win? To widen the gap between people? Thats what terrorist want you to do. Don't forget, that over 95% of ISIS victims are muslim anyways. Just because your western media doesn't focus on their weekly 9/11, doesn't mean your countries experienced an atrocity after 5 people die. If you thought that terrorism could be prevented by the British pressing down harder on "islamic" terrorism 10 years ago,- your stupid. They've been pressing hard since 2001, and now look at whats happening. The harder the British press, the more attacks there will be. You won't win without losing thousand and thousands of lives.
Original post by HabibSyed
If you thought that terrorism could be prevented by the British pressing down harder on "islamic" terrorism 10 years ago,- your stupid. They've been pressing hard since 2001, and now look at whats happening. The harder the British press, the more attacks there will be. You won't win without losing thousand and thousands of lives.
of course that the British will have to press harder on terrorists, their networks, their propaganda. This is the Government's duty

yes, very likely there will be more terror attacks : that's sad, but probably unavoidable. At the same time, the Government will have to prevent tit-for-tat- retribution

have a nice day
Original post by Meany Pie
You should learn about context :h:
Hey, I'm a pretty optimistic guy who sometimes gets carried away in comments. :redface:
Original post by Reformed2010

I'd love to round up all British far-right and Islamist sympathisers and dump them on some oversea UK territory. So the rest of us can get on and live together because quite frankly, you all bore us to death.

:yep:

Richard Branson's island is available - we taxpayers paid for it after all.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Few years I guess, depending on the true nature of what's taken place vs. any diminished responsibility

This is entirely inconsistent with the progressive momentum of Western Christendom

Perhaps so but some things are unforgivable
Original post by Foo.mp3
Such as? True Christians believe in forgiveness, as practised by the Lord JC

Murderers,rapists,paedos. Their asses deserve jail.I'm sure many Christians don't believe in complete forgiveness,easier said than done sometimes
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Murdering innocents,I'm sure many Christians don't believe in complete forgiveness,easier said than done

Many Christians do, comparing Christianity to Islam just doesn't work.
Original post by peeked
Many Christians do, comparing Christianity to Islam just doesn't work.

Many do and many dont. Where have i compared both religions? :rolleyes:
Original post by queen-bee
Many do and many dont. Where have i compared both religions? :rolleyes:

I didn't say that you specifically compared Christians and Muslims, I just said it generally.
Since making a thread about it will mean deletion for hate speech maybe I can say it here.

The van driver is suspected to have wanted to attack the pro-Palestine rally but he didn't make it in time. This is what all the papers, including Guardian are reporting.

So in a way the van driver was a Zionist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending