The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by buket1995
I took the video interview last Sunday and found out on Thursday at 8:50pm that I had passed for the GES and GSS. Failed for DipEcon and Finance, and submitted additional information 2 days ago and waiting to hear back

Do you get 7 days to fill in extra information for both GES and GSS or 7 days for each scheme?

If somebody has to do info for 4 schemes versus somebody having to do it for only 1 scheme seems not right unless 7 days is plenty of time.
Original post by CiCi4343
Hi all

Just wondering for those that have been to the FSAC what order did you have the exercises in? I think I'de feel less nervous knowing which one to expect first!

I think you have your own timetable so some will go do group exercise, some written, etc
Hi all

Just wondering for those that have been to the FSAC what order did you have the exercises in? I think I'de feel less nervous knowing which one to expect first!

From my experience of other assessment centres although I've never made it through to the FSAC you get put in groups and do a kind of rotation, if so it would vary and could be in any order. At least on the day you should know how it will pan out so you can prepare yourself mentally a bit then :smile:
Original post by RhyddleMeThis
For yourself and others to reference, enjoy:
See Below for AC location by postcode

Spoiler

Interesting that the following areas are assigned to Newcastle given that they are surrounded by areas assigned to London:
EX (Exeter), SO (Southampton), GU (Guildford), HP (Hemel Hempstead), WD (Watford), HA (Harrow), CM (Chelmsford), SG (Stevenage).

LD (Llandrindod Wells) is missing.
Reply 1584
Hi all

Just wondering for those that have been to the FSAC what order did you have the exhercises in? I think I'de feel less nervous knowing which one to expect first!

They change the order up for each person / each group so it could be in any order!! Sorry! To be fair I don’t think it makes much of a difference as I was most nervous about the leadership one which I had first and then just became nervous about the others remaining lol
Original post by Eccentrica
Interesting that the following areas are assigned to Newcastle given that they are surrounded by areas assigned to London:
EX (Exeter), SO (Southampton), GU (Guildford), HP (Hemel Hempstead), WD (Watford), HA (Harrow), CM (Chelmsford), SG (Stevenage).

LD (Llandrindod Wells) is missing.

copied straight from code ijs
How long did it take for everyone to receive their results after the online exercises?

I only just applied so it's crazy to see most of you are onto the FSAC stage! I should've applied earlier.
Original post by Caledonia
How long did it take for everyone to receive their results after the online exercises?

I only just applied so it's crazy to see most of you are onto the FSAC stage! I should've applied earlier.

Don't worry every application is treated equally. Have you done your SJT yet? I heard back instantly but timing can depend on how well you did, how others performed and perhaps to which schemes you applied for.
Anyone have their FSAC tomorrow afternoon in London? :biggrin:
Original post by Caledonia

Don't worry it doesn't affect your chances, if anything you can benefit from hearing about other people's experiences
That's me hit the 2 week threshold for amber banding. Not ideal, so I'm hoping there'll be some changes to pass boundaries tomorrow. I'd like to hear either way, just as I am constantly refreshing my emails!
Evening all :smile:. Does anyone have the email address of who to contact about the applications? Also does any know if it has been possible to ever change the preference order of your schemes once you are through some of the stages? Thank you
Hey guys,

I did my video interview on Monday 16th at 12 lunch time and received my email back about 10 minutes ago a - so for me it took 6 days 11 hours approximately. I do not know how I have received it back at 11pm on a Sunday.

I have passed one of my schemes and now need to enter my additional information.
I am keen not to muck it up - I was just wondering if anyone can fill me in on how the additional information works and what kinds of questions they are.

Thankyou
Could anyone who has done the video interview give me any advice on how best to prepare, would be most appreciated. Also, most of my examples for competency based questions are through my time at university, and the extracurricular stuff aswell as academic work I did. Would this be sufficient enough or would I need to draw on more examples?
Reply 1594
Original post by JCWorks
Could anyone who has done the video interview give me any advice on how best to prepare, would be most appreciated. Also, most of my examples for competency based questions are through my time at university, and the extracurricular stuff aswell as academic work I did. Would this be sufficient enough or would I need to draw on more examples?

I think examples from university and extracurricular are all they are looking for, just remember to use all the skills knowledge and experience you have gained from every possible activity so part time jobs volunteering SU society involvement etc. I found it helpful to write a list of all the things I have done and then link these to competencies. It helps to try and anticipate the questions they may ask - the questions weren’t surprising they were just worded a bit differently to what I was expecting. Good luck! You’ll smash it.
Reply 1595
Original post by Rogerz96
Hey guys,

I did my video interview on Monday 16th at 12 lunch time and received my email back about 10 minutes ago a - so for me it took 6 days 11 hours approximately. I do not know how I have received it back at 11pm on a Sunday.

I have passed one of my schemes and now need to enter my additional information.
I am keen not to muck it up - I was just wondering if anyone can fill me in on how the additional information works and what kinds of questions they are.

Thankyou

You have seven days to do the additional info questions and given that you only need to do them for one scheme you’ll have plenty of time! You can look at the questions and then submit your answers later (within the 7 days) so it isn’t high pressure in that sense.
Did my video interview almost a month ago (on 28th September) and still no word.

Applied for Diplomatic, Generalist, Comms and HoP in that order.

I think given that I got through all the online tests over the course of one weekend it feels like progress has really slowed.

Maybe today will be the day?
Reply 1597
Original post by Jamiebb1993
Did my video interview almost a month ago (on 28th September) and still no word.

Applied for Diplomatic, Generalist, Comms and HoP in that order.

I think given that I got through all the online tests over the course of one weekend it feels like progress has really slowed.

Maybe today will be the day?

I applied for the exact same streams and did my video interview at the same time - still haven't heard either... Fingers crossed for today!
Original post by JCWorks

Yeah these would ve absolutely fine, all about how you spin it!! It can be impressive when someone who has only just finished uni is already showing lots of competencies.
Hi. Does anyone have the email address of who we contact if we have a question around applications. Cannot seem to find one anywhere! Cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending