The Student Room Group

OCR B7 Unofficial Mark Scheme - Monday 19th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanishaevans
the fermentation question specifically asked for food and the order for eutrophication was DCABE. for the nanoparticles i said it would prevent illness because it shows if food is contaminated and you'll know it's unsafe to eat? i dont remember what it looked like properly so excuse the drawing but will i get the marks for blood pressure and tissue fluid if i labelled it like this?? image.jpg

Probably 1/3 for that question - lowest pressure B is correct. A isn't in the right place and tissue fluid is formed when the plasma is force through the capillary wall and you haven't shown it.
Original post by WAWAW
Really not convinced it did, although it may have done as I was flagging due to the heat!

No I remember specifically I saw useful products it didn't say give foods that fermentation of bacteria and yeast can produce.
Eutrophication question was (D)CABE. Also, for why the nitrogen cycle isn't a closed loop system, I would think it was because the animal (rabbit) would consume some of the nitrates and then migrate and also because some nitrates are carried by the air and water. This is what is says in the specification. Moreover, the colour change of the container may also be so that you can see when the product goes off because the bacteria multiplying would increase the concentration of oxygen, I would assume.
Original post by Deliciate
Eutrophication question was (D)CABE. Also, for why the nitrogen cycle isn't a closed loop system, I would think it was because the animal (rabbit) would consume some of the nitrates and then migrate and also because some nitrates are carried by the air and water. This is what is says in the specification. Moreover, the colour change of the container may also be so that you can see when the product goes off because the bacteria multiplying would increase the concentration of oxygen, I would assume.

I'm sure it's CAEB, and rabbits don't migrate though?
Original post by danielwinstanley

Any organism can migrate out of an ecosystem, it just means leaving the ecosystem, it is not restricted to birds.
http://idahoptv.org/sciencetrek/topics/animal_migration/facts.cfm

Lots of controversy about the CABE/CAEB question but who knows.
Original post by Deliciate
Any organism can migrate out of an ecosystem, it just means leaving the ecosystem, it is not restricted to birds.
http://idahoptv.org/sciencetrek/topics/animal_migration/facts.cfm

Lots of controversy about the CABE/CAEB question but who knows.

Ahh right - I'll add that in now!
i cant see the match up picture, can someone else post a picture. The one about cartilage and tendons and ligaments :smile:
Quite an easy paper tbh. Not that hard, although the nitrogen cycle and a few other questions mugged me off. Oh well, 55 is still quite good.
Original post by Popsiclez
No I remember specifically I saw useful products it didn't say give foods that fermentation of bacteria and yeast can produce.

Thank God, I knew I'd notice that detail! Also, the specification makes little mention of the food products of fermentation, so it makes little sense that they'd roll out a question limited to exactly that.
Original post by Sophief2000
I completely messed up this exam😊😊😊

I'm sure you haven't. The grade boundaries will be quite high, admittedly, but if you tried your hardest you're bound to pick up marks across the paper. Remember: your final grade is determined by your coursework mark, B123 and B456 papers, and the B7 paper so there's certainly room for error in one exam.
Reply 50
Would

1) medecine - Insulin
2) vegetarian meat substitute protein - quorn

be okay for that uses of bacteria one?
Reply 51
i didnt get that spain was right?
Reply 52

no its CABE
Original post by kilner
Would

1) medecine - Insulin
2) vegetarian meat substitute protein - quorn

be okay for that uses of bacteria one?

Yes - supports what is stated in the revision guide and in the specification.
Reply 54
how the **** can the grade boundary for 2015 be 35 for a B then for 2016 be 37 for a C WHAT THE F UCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAS THIS HARDER THAN 2016 PAPER CAN SOMEONE F UCKING EXPLAIN MANS P ISSED DIDNT KNOW GRADE BOUNDARIES WERE AS HIGH AS SNOOP DOGG HAVING AN OUNCE
Original post by NigNog
how the **** can the grade boundary for 2015 be 35 for a B then for 2016 be 37 for a C WHAT THE F UCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAS THIS HARDER THAN 2016 PAPER CAN SOMEONE F UCKING EXPLAIN MANS P ISSED DIDNT KNOW GRADE BOUNDARIES WERE AS HIGH AS SNOOP DOGG HAVING AN OUNCE

It was about the same level as last years paper.
Original post by LELzexc
i didnt get that spain was right?

The statement by the student was UK was more tonnes, so Spain had the least so he was right
Reply 57
It was about the same level as last years paper.

okay just got 40 so i just scraped a C, for ****s sake
Reply 58
just remembered, there was a 2(?) marker where you had to connect the lines, linking the function and properties of the parts of a joint.

the shape i got was (if i remember):
\ / \ /
/ \ -X-
--- / \
Reply 59
Original post by NigNog
okay just got 40 so i just scraped a C, for ****s sake

Don't worry too much- B7 is always people's worst module, you on average score one grade or two worse on it than the other ones since the boundaries are high (only top levels take it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending