The Student Room Group

ADHD Support at University

I recently had an assessment for ADHD and it is looking likely that I will be given medication following our next appointment.

In September I begin my first year of a degree, what support will be available?
What were your experiences with ADHD and university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Durhamgirl96
I recently had an assessment for ADHD and it is looking likely that I will be given medication following our next appointment.

In September I begin my first year of a degree, what support will be available?
What were your experiences with ADHD and university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Support will vary a bit depending on the individual, but it's usually stuff like extra time/ quiet room in exams, possible extensions for essays and course work, a study aid to help you with planning and stuff. Things like that.
There may also be more specific support for your situation, like if your medication gives you side effects you could be given support based on that.

As soon as you have a diagnosis and know your situation regarding medication get in touch with your uni's student support and ask about what support they can offer and about applying for DSA. You can have a talk with them and arrange the best support agreement for you.

Good luck at uni and have a fun summer :smile:
Original post by Kindred
Support will vary a bit depending on the individual, but it's usually stuff like extra time/ quiet room in exams, possible extensions for essays and course work, a study aid to help you with planning and stuff. Things like that.
There may also be more specific support for your situation, like if your medication gives you side effects you could be given support based on that.

As soon as you have a diagnosis and know your situation regarding medication get in touch with your uni's student support and ask about what support they can offer and about applying for DSA. You can have a talk with them and arrange the best support agreement for you.

Good luck at uni and have a fun summer :smile:

Thank you! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest