The Student Room Group

A*A*B at A-Level?

I have A*A*B in economics, history and maths. Wanted to know if its likely I would get offers for AAA and A*AA courses. Specifically, I want to study Economics and Politics possibly at LSE, Durham, Warwick.
Reply 1
That's reasurring! Yes I thought I would probably get at least one offer but spoke to a guy at Durham for Politics (AAA typical offer) who said it would be very unlikely I would get an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by 6764
That's reasurring! Yes I thought I would probably get at least one offer but spoke to a guy at Durham for Politics (AAA typical offer) who said it would be very unlikely I would get an offer.

As you already have the grades, get in touch with their admissions department, it's the only way to be sure.
Reply 3
Original post by ax12
As you already have the grades, get in touch with their admissions department, it's the only way to be sure.

Unfortunately, this was a guy who does work in the politics department (he did say the person who usually deals with admissions was away when I phoned so I may try again). But he seemed pretty sure that Durham wouldn't give me an offer with a B
Check with the individual unis, a lot of them lie on the websites. My one said I needed to get A*AA but they actually accepted everyone who got AAB and put it as their first choice.

This was for physics though
Original post by 6764
Unfortunately, this was a guy who does work in the politics department (he did say the person who usually deals with admissions was away when I phoned so I may try again). But he seemed pretty sure that Durham wouldn't give me an offer with a B

I've known a couple of people with A*A*BB on results day who lost their place at Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest