The Student Room Group

is TSR like a dictatorship?

You arent allowed to criticise it on the forum are you? esp the mod methods

You have to always complain to the CT team

Imagine if a country were like that where you couldnt criticise it, lets say policing as thats 'moderation' I guess haha :lol: and imagine the only way youre allowed to complain is to ask your MP, who are self selected like they re here. None of the openly criticising is allowed either.

That would be a dictatorship right? Thats TSR as a country

agree?

FYI: Dont bin this thread mods as that'll just prove my point

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Could always immigrate to Reddit
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
Could always immigrate to Reddit

:lol:
Have you watched the dictator?
It's more certain areas of the forum tbh. For example, anything goes in the Relationships section but certain other section are like being in the Club Penguin of North Korea.
It's a business m8, don't know where you got the idea that it's a participatory democracy.

What goes on behind the scenes in terms of issuing warnings, bans etc is actually quite rigorous and there are checks and supervision to ensure mods don't act unfairly. It's all a lot more tightly regulated than you think (DOI: former mod 2011-2014).
If you don't like the rules of a private company's website then go somewhere else in my opinion.
Reply 7
Wanna stage a coup d'etat ? PM me.
Reply 8
Original post by Democracy
It's a business m8, don't know where you got the idea that it's a participatory democracy.

What goes on behind the scenes in terms of issuing warnings, bans etc is actually quite rigorous and there are checks and supervision to ensure mods don't act unfairly. It's all a lot more tightly regulated than you think (DOI: former mod 2011-2014).

dont make me laugh - you mods stick together. So many people bene unfairly banned. a new user @Ittybitty2 had her @Ittybitty account banned as it was a dupe apparently which is a lie.

I never said it was a democracy. Mods just seem very touchy about criticising their methods.

They forget if it wasnt for all us users, they wouldnt have a job
(edited 6 years ago)
You can criticise, just don't be a dick about it.
Original post by EternalLight
If you don't like the rules of a private company's website then go somewhere else in my opinion.

I agree but youve missed the point
Original post by MeYou2Night
You arent allowed to criticise it on the forum are you? esp the mod methods

You have to always complain to the CT team

Imagine if a country were like that where you couldnt criticise it, lets say policing as thats 'moderation' I guess haha :lol: and imagine the only way youre allowed to complain is to ask your MP, who are self selected like they re here. None of the openly criticising is allowed either.

That would be a dictatorship right? Thats TSR as a country

agree?

FYI: Dont bin this thread mods as that'll just prove my point

Silence!
dont make me laugh - you mods stick together. So many people bene unfairly banned. a new user @Ittybitty2 had her @Ittybitty account banned as it was a dupe apparently which is a lie.

I never said it was a democracy. Mods just seem very touchy about criticising their methods.

Funny that! I ran a dupe check on the Itty Bitty account, and it matched another account... yours! Along with a lot of other troll accounts! Oh no!
Original post by Fox Corner
Funny that! I ran a dupe check on the Itty Bitty account, and it matched another account... yours! Along with a lot of other troll accounts! Oh no!

There appears to be an itty bitty problem here...
You can't criticise the corrupt ST, polite and true or not. All you get is an 'ok we'll look in to it but we aren't going to make any further comments' - basically meaning we're not going to do **** and we don't care to give you a response about it either
No,no one is forcing you to be on TSR.
You can always leave.
Do not trivialise the suffering of people who live under actual dictatorships.
(edited 6 years ago)

:lol:

I think that is definition of REKT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL. This IttyBitty (the OP) pretended to be a girl and was posting lots of crap directly to me. Now I know it was the OP of this thread, sad life buddy
Reply 18

Oh dear.

Massive own goal there :rofl:

Inb4 banned.

Lol, mods (as opposed to CT) aren't employed by TSR - most are students or have real jobs in the real world. It's a volunteer position.

Stick together? Obviously, it's a team like any other.

However, that doesn't invalidate what I said about there being supervision and checks which go on behind the scenes when people get warned or banned. It's not just done on a whim.

When I was a section leader, if one of the mods on my team issued a warning or gave a ban which wasn't really merited, I'd have no problem with asking them to reverse it. And the other section leaders would do the same. But most of the time what actually happened was that a regular minority of users would act in the same predicatably annoying way, get warned/banned and then claim they were being victimised, which is just classic troll behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest