The Student Room Group

Who here has AS?

Just wondering about who here has aapergers syndrome? When did you get diagnosed and what's it like to have it?

Scroll to see replies

Clicked on the thread because I thought it would be about the type of exams... I don't think I have it but my brother and dad definitely have a lot of the tendencies but idk if it's to extent it could be properly diagnosed.
I have Autism and was diagnosed in 2012.
Reply 3
Original post by black1blade
Clicked on the thread because I thought it would be about the type of exams... I don't think I have it but my brother and dad definitely have a lot of the tendencies but idk if it's to extent it could be properly diagnosed.

What tendencies are they?
Just reading an article on it and obviously I'm not a psychiatrist, just saying in my opinion I wouldn't be surprised if they were. These are a handful I would say they show to a greater or lesser extent (especially my dad actually): "appear to be insensitive, seek out time alone when overloaded by other people, not seek comfort from other people, appear to behave ‘strangely’ or in a way thought to be socially inappropriate."
Yeah, now why do we have yet another new poster asking the same as several other new posters in the last 2 weeks?
Reply 6
Original post by black1blade
Just reading an article on it and obviously I'm not a psychiatrist, just saying in my opinion I wouldn't be surprised if they were. These are a handful I would say they show to a greater or lesser extent (especially my dad actually): "appear to be insensitive, seek out time alone when overloaded by other people, not seek comfort from other people, appear to behave ‘strangely’ or in a way thought to be socially inappropriate."

Behaving strangely? Like what?
Reply 7
Original post by Tiger Rag
I have Autism and was diagnosed in 2012.

So do you find it tough to talk to people?
Reply 8
Autism means high functioning retardness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ratata
Autism means high functioning retardness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations on a severe lack of understanding
Original post by Ratata
Just wondering about who here has aapergers syndrome? When did you get diagnosed and what's it like to have it?

2s
Original post by Curvylady4
2s

I have recently been diagnosed. I feel like I'm not normal because of ASD.😑
Reply 12
What kind of jobs do you people do? I mean being a doctor or a teacher doesn't seem appropriate for example.
Original post by Ratata
What kind of jobs do you people do? I mean being a doctor or a teacher doesn't seem appropriate for example.

Why don't they seem like appropriate jobs? I have a friend with AS who is a GP.
Reply 14
Why don't they seem like appropriate jobs? I have a friend with AS who is a GP.

Well you need appropriate social skills for those jobs.
Original post by Ratata
Well you need appropriate social skills for those jobs.

Yes and?

Can you seriously educate yourself on what AS really is?
Reply 16
Yes and?

Can you seriously educate yourself on what AS really is?

Then you should explain it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been off TSR for a week and this is what I come back to...

Also,
Original post by Ratata

This is the kind of thing that shows how closed minded people can be, even before they start talking their closed minded opinions. The simple 'us vs them'. It doesn't make you look educated, which is especially ironic seeing as you are referring to autistic people as 'retards'.

Spoiler

Reply 19

Well according to that, it affects peoples social skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest