The Student Room Group

I've lost all respect for John Boyega

http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-John-Boyega-Calls-Out-Game-of-Thrones-For-Having-No-Black-People

Can White people have anything that is untouched by SJWs demanding for more representation? And if you ask me, given the historical inspiration that GOT has taken, there is a historically representative amount of black or coloured people in the show. But to go ahead and call out a show just because your race doesn't have a major presence is a pretty d*ck move imo; anyone calling out the Fresh Prince of Bel Air for not having White representation would be deemed a racist and lynched....
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ash8991
http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Wars-John-Boyega-Calls-Out-Game-of-Thrones-For-Having-No-Black-People

Can White people have anything that is untouched by SJWs demanding for more representation? And if you ask me, given the historical inspiration that GOT has taken, there is a historically representative amount of black or coloured people in the show. But to go ahead and call out a show just because your race doesn't have a major presence is a pretty d*ck move imo; anyone calling out the Fresh Prince of Bel Air for not having White representation would be deemed a racist and lynched....

Sorry but I can't agree because for every Fresh Prince of Bel Air and every Cosby Show, there are at least 5 shows that have all white casts.
The only reason why these "all black" shows were created were because dark skinned children for the longest amount of time weren't seeing their skin colour on tv. There wasn't anyone they could identify with.
Him calling out Game of Thrones was due to the fact that there aren't a large amount of film roles for darker skinned actors and actresses. Which makes finding work hard and therefore resulting to them starting their own series with all black casts/majority black casts.

I understand where you're coming from, in the sense that given the timeline, there wouldn't be that many black people in the timeline and around that area and that makes perfect sense. But i just don't think losing all respect for him , when he's speaking on an issue that he feels is important to him, is fair. Do you understand what I mean?
Just use Simpson's diversity index
GoT is essentially based on The War of the Roses, which isn't known exactly know for racial diversity.

He is a ****wit.
Reply 4
I just think that a lot of the young black actors are using their race as a advantage with the current politcal movement. They should be concentrating on working on new roles and perfecting their acting. an example would be John Boyega, who was not great in the role he played in star war. and i expect him the same in future movies too. People like morgan freeman didnt acheive success until his late 50s and has been acting since he was in his teens. Denzel, will smith, ebda idris, samuel jackson, forest whitker to a name few has achieved sucess by grinding out through the hollywood pictures for decades only to constantly reinventing themselves. To be at the top your game you need to be self motivated and continue your success through your fruitation and years of dedication.

Latest