The Student Room Group

Question about nursing degree

Hi Guys, I'm just looking for some advice. I'm desperate to do nursing as a career. I'm about to do my A-levels, and I've applied to 5 Nursing degrees, one of which is a foundation year. My issue is my grades and my concentration. I am predicted BBC in Biology, English lit, and Chemistry respectively, however, I got CCC in my recent mock. I just feel like I don't have it in me to do my A-levels as I feel lost in all my lessons. I really want to do nursing, but I worry so much that I'm just going to flunk all my exams as I have no clue what's going on, and I can't focus when I try to revise. Does anyone have any tips on how to focus myself, or any advice on alternative pathways into nursing/a nursing field if I do get lower grades than I hope? Thank you guys :smile:)
Reply 1
If you do get lower grades than you were expecting, the unis might still accept you on the course, if not they'll probably offer you a place on the foundation course. I flunked my a-levels really badly and ended up doing psychology at uni and came out with a 3rd. I felt like my grades weren't good enough for me to be able to apply for jobs and do graduate schemes so I decided to give Nursing a shot and now I'm in my 2nd year of Adult Nursing. I know there is also Nursing degree apprenticeships you could do to become a Nurse, however I think it is much harder to find a degree apprenticeship than it is to do a course at uni.
Original post by Lilyvanilla
Hi Guys, I'm just looking for some advice. I'm desperate to do nursing as a career. I'm about to do my A-levels, and I've applied to 5 Nursing degrees, one of which is a foundation year. My issue is my grades and my concentration. I am predicted BBC in Biology, English lit, and Chemistry respectively, however, I got CCC in my recent mock. I just feel like I don't have it in me to do my A-levels as I feel lost in all my lessons. I really want to do nursing, but I worry so much that I'm just going to flunk all my exams as I have no clue what's going on, and I can't focus when I try to revise. Does anyone have any tips on how to focus myself, or any advice on alternative pathways into nursing/a nursing field if I do get lower grades than I hope? Thank you guys :smile:)

For help with revision techniques, join some of the threads on the Study Help forum:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by sal.gg
If you do get lower grades than you were expecting, the unis might still accept you on the course, if not they'll probably offer you a place on the foundation course. I flunked my a-levels really badly and ended up doing psychology at uni and came out with a 3rd. I felt like my grades weren't good enough for me to be able to apply for jobs and do graduate schemes so I decided to give Nursing a shot and now I'm in my 2nd year of Adult Nursing. I know there is also Nursing degree apprenticeships you could do to become a Nurse, however I think it is much harder to find a degree apprenticeship than it is to do a course at uni.
Okay, thank you for the advice! I've had a look at apprenticeships before, but like you said, they're few and far between. Good luck with the rest of your degree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending