The Student Room Group

Is the BBC run by Communists?

Sargon of Akkad's video on the BBC "gender pay disparity": https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3pWnG5ay4A

I'm sick and tired of the BBC, other media outlets, and indeed everyone that pushes the "Gender Pay Gap" narrative.

It doesn't exist. The more accurate expression would be a Gender Earning Gap.

Chris Evans, who has been revealed to be paid the most, runs the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show, which had almost 10 million views a week back in 2015. Although I can't seem to find how many the show has now, one can assume it's more.

He also gets paid by companies independent from BBC.

There was an interview on the BBC, which is in the video I posted. The female hosts asks that we should take some of the male earnings and just hand it to women in the name of equal pay. This is completely illegal.

Imagine us license fee payers paying for this sort of ****...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Foo.mp3
Evans is dire, shouldn't get nearly as much, but most of the rest of the male stars merit higher income than their female counterparts, without doubt. The male:female gender pay gap is not only a myth, but it is actually the other way round. Young women now get more than their male equivalents! Don't expect to hear Guardianistas complaining about this any time soon, however, indeed some of their journalists are actually celebrating it. Oh, how the libtards have fallen from grace :facepalm2:

I agree that Chris Evans is a prat, but he earns what he deserves.

What a mess.

I hope my sisters don't grow up thinking they are paid less because they're girls, I hope they understand that this is a meritocracy and you earn what you work for.
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't think you know what a communist is.
Reply 3
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Probably more than you, it seems.
I don't get these complaints, this isn't 1836, there are logical reasons to why some females may be paid less:
1) Ratings, views, shows like Match of the Day for instance generate big audiences, big ratings, big bucks. Some people just watch some shows more than others.
2) Position on the show: Some may have more prominent roles on the show than others.
3) Sponsorship? We're not taking into account some of the money on the payroll can be generated from big-name sponsorship (i.e Gary Lineker and Walkers)

4) You do realise that there are still men who get paid less than some of the women.

5) It's 450,000 bucks nonetheless
Reply 5
Original post by AryanGh
I don't get these complaints, this isn't 1836, there are logical reasons to why some females may be paid less:
1) Ratings, views, shows like Match of the Day for instance generate big audiences, big ratings, big bucks. Some people just watch some shows more than others.
2) Position on the show: Some may have more prominent roles on the show than others.
3) Sponsorship? We're not taking into account some of the money on the payroll can be generated from big-name sponsorship (i.e Gary Lineker and Walkers)

4) You do realise that there are still men who get paid less than some of the women.

5) It's 450,000 bucks nonetheless

Amen. Couldn't have put it better myself.

This is becoming so silly now.
Reply 6
Original post by Dodgypirate
There was an interview on the BBC, which is in the video I posted. The female hosts asks that we should take some of the male earnings and just hand it to women in the name of equal pay. This is completely illegal.

This does sound like a communist attitude... I think that's what they were referring to.
Reply 7
Original post by Bow Tie
This does sound like a communist attitude... I think that's what they were referring to.

Exactly. Sargon is absolutely right on this occasion.
I'll tell you what, they're some funny looking communists if they're dishing out millions for their stars and extorting the public for however sodding much a TV licence is these days, they're a for-profit company...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by TheMcSame
I'll tell you what, they're some funny looking communists if they're dishing out millions for their stars and extorting the public for however sodding much a TV licence is these days, they're a for-profit company...

I will refer you to Bow Tie's reply.
the unmarried ladies require the presence of a chaperone, so that should be taken into account when calculating their overall earnings.
I will refer you to Bow Tie's reply.

It still doesn't make sense... Again, they're dishing out millions for wages, they're turning a profit year after a year, and there's the TV licence. That isn't a communist attitude, this is simply a very left leaning attitude (Left wing =/= communist in the same what that Right wing =/= Alt Right) with hunger for money.
Original post by TheMcSame
It still doesn't make sense... Again, they're dishing out millions for wages, they're turning a profit year after a year, and there's the TV licence. That isn't a communist attitude, this is simply a very left leaning attitude (Left wing =/= communist in the same what that Right wing =/= Alt Right) with hunger for money.

Read his post again. The communist attitude was highlighted in bold.
Communism if a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs.

Wanting wealthy female TV stars to earn as much as their male counterparts is not communism.
Read his post again. The communist attitude was highlighted in bold.

"The female hosts" does not = all of the BBC
It is run by the criminal elite (NWO, Zionists, communists) whatever you want to call them. Their aim is to get rid of White people, set up a World government in which the few control the many, reduce the world population to 500 000, microchip everyone and turn them into slaves.
Are we not missing a massive flaw in OPs argument?

The BBC pays women less than men.
Are we not missing a massive flaw in OPs argument?

The BBC pays women less than men.

Correction.

Women EARN less than men at the BBC.

If the BBC were paying women less than men, it would be illegal, and I would sue them... but no one is ready to do that, for some reason...
Correction.

Women EARN less than men at the BBC.

If the BBC were paying women less than men, it would be illegal, and I would sue them... but no one is ready to do that, for some reason...

So they are not ran by communists.
So they are not ran by communists.

Stop being so obtuse.

Latest