The Student Room Group
You should definitely tell your tutor and your student support department and they should probably be able to give you a lot more advice from that point.
If you're an UG tell the Director of Undergraduate Studies or equivalent in your school or dept. or faculty
Reply 3
tell your course leader - thats how it works at my uni.
Find out from uni if its worth staying till the end of the semester too.. I know that here we can leave by 30th November and not be liable for the whole year's tuition fees whereas if we're here on 1st Dec we have to pay the lot! Talk to your tutor or course director (or both).
UCAS is for admissions. You have nothing to do with it once you've been admitted.
Reply 6
as well as informing your uni (personal tutor or similar person) you need to tell your LEA or the student loans company, or both (whoever your funding is from). I think the uni will contact them too, but i think it's best to do it too.
Reply 7
so i could possibly not pay any fees?
i've emailed my course tutor and student services.
i'll write out letters and send them around.

how does it work with maintenance grants. would i have to pay any of them back?
Reply 8
You'll probably have to pay some fees, ie for the time you were there. Ditto accommodation of course if it applies.

When I dropped out I got most of my fees refunded, minus the time I was actually there. Unfortunately though I can't remember -how- I actually went about withdrawing ><
I've just left uni.

I emailed my tutor, and attached a letter to explain why.

I then had to contact my Local Education authority in writing, to say I've withdrawn, and my reason for withdrawing.

Then I contacted the Student Loans company to stop any more tuition fee payments.

Now, after the LEA have received my letter, they'll tally up what I owe (one third of the year's tuition fees, which I may have to pay upfront - £400.)

Not a clue what's happening with my maintenance loan; whether or not I'll have to find £800 up front I don't know.
See the office in your department or director of undergraduate studies.

I had my concerns so I did the smart thing and didn't do LEA or financial registration for this year, so I don't owe any fees for this semester thus saving about £750.
pretz
Walk out the door

Damn. I came here to post that too. :p:
Reply 12
Lol to the above, i'm doing that too :smile:

I've written letters and emails to anyone i think is concerned!
I filled in a 'change or circumstances' for for the LEA people - it had a section for leaving uni.

I'm just hoping that it'll all get sorted and I can forget all about it, roll on Feb when my open uni course starts!

And I live at home so accomodation is no worry :smile:
Reply 13
Ilora-Danon
Not a clue what's happening with my maintenance loan; whether or not I'll have to find £800 up front I don't know.

When I dropped out last year, I didn't have to pay my maintenance loan back up front. You can pay however much when you want to, because under the new fee/loan system you can pay lump sums when it's convenient for you, but bear in mind that it's accruing interest so the sooner you pay it off, the better.
The interest rate is lower than any other loan I could have, so I'm not in a rush (nor do I have any money to pay it off with)

Latest

Trending

Trending